13 15.12%
  • Don't need him

12 13.95%
  • I can't make up my mind either

23 26.74%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Kennelly Poll

Veteran Site Admin
    I'd be happy to welcome him back but won't slit my wrists if he decides not to. I still think he's got plenty to offer, and both Shaw and Mattner could be used to good advantage in the middle.

None of the poll options really covers this, as I don't reckon we desparately need him.

I wouldn't be opposed to him coming back. Given the experience we've lost this year, another experienced bloke would be handy. Even stick him on a wing, get him away from a few of those big marking contests that might tear off his shoulder.

Having said that, he'd be far from a saviour, and there's no guarantee a) that his body would cope, and b) that his heart would be in it. Just going off media reports (which is perilous, I know), it seems to me that his missus is the main thing drawing him back to Sydney, rather than footy itself. If this is the case, then it might not be the best thing for us to take him on.

I said I couldn't make up my mind, but only because it's the only middle-ground option. I'm not too fussed, if he comes, cool, if he doesn't, no biggie, and may turn out to be for the better anyway.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I'd be happy to welcome him back but won't slit my wrists if he decides not to. I still think he's got plenty to offer, and both Shaw and Mattner could be used to good advantage in the middle.

None of the poll options really covers this, as I don't reckon we desparately need him.
    OK, OK, next poll will include the "Should Liz slit her wrists?" option.

The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    OK, OK, next poll will include the "Should Liz slit her wrists?" option.

Wait until after the Crows and Pies games and we might have to order Jonestown Orangeade in drums.

Too old and we already have Mattner and Shaw.

Regular in the Side
    how is 28 too old...
    richoman is 34 and he still plays good footy.
    I think the media has become too focused on players age this imaginary 30 yo barrier...

you have to remember that Shaw was orginally brought into the squad as an outside midfielder, but was running off HB cause Kennelly left.
    i think no doubt that Roo's would prefer kennelly and mattner off HB and shaw in the middle

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123