Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Current List (Nathan Gordon Rookie, Ablett wants out?, and other list stories)

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I think Matt May is also of age - though he seems to have faded right away this year.

Would have been nice to see RBN "make it", at least as far as a rookie spot, just because he was our first ever scholarship player.
    I read somewhere a while ago that May was never going to be drafted this year, next year he is moving to Sydney full time to train with the squad with a view to being drafted at the end of 2010. That was the plan that the club had sorted out with him and his parents considering school and whatnot.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Blog Entries
    I like the new system of number allocation. Very sensible.

Quote Originally Posted by ROK Lobster View Post
    I like the new system of number allocation. Very sensible.
    Hilarious.

Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Well yay for Nipper Gordon. He does have that hard head approach to his footy that makes him stand out.

Matty May probably does need to move up to Sydney from the south south coast, logical move. Not exactly a fermenting ground of AFL down there. Good on him. Looks like he wants it and is willing to work.

RBN - Botts could work out in the future...bit of a smokey tho.

Not bad all round really.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Also just noted this

http://www.watoday.com.au/sport/eagl...1030-hpkv.html

Former North Shore player, are we considering picking him up? It's been a while since we had a Davo on our list.
    I rate him. I'd definetly take him at #55 if he lasts.

Looks like Playfair will be a mature age rookie if he is granted a reprieve.

Bradshaw joins Swans training - AFL.com.au
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    Looks like Playfair will be a mature age rookie if he is granted a reprieve.

Bradshaw joins Swans training - AFL.com.au
    I hope he is. Have been feeling a bit sorry for myself healthwise recently so watched a couple of past games, one including Henry. I had forgotten how good he is. I hope he does stay fit enough, because he is good enough.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I hope he is. Have been feeling a bit sorry for myself healthwise recently so watched a couple of past games, one including Henry. I had forgotten how good he is. I hope he does stay fit enough, because he is good enough.
    How strong were the drugs you were taking?
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

In my opinion, not strong enough. BUT, he surprised me, and I took a closer look. The man can play and he can mark and he can kick. Happy to keep him on the books.

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    In my opinion, not strong enough. BUT, he surprised me, and I took a closer look. The man can play and he can mark and he can kick. Happy to keep him on the books.
    Definitely the type that you need a flat surface, $20 note and a credit card for....

Veteran Site Admin

Ablett to depart??

This article suggests it is on the cards.

List trim puts big names in draft - RFNews - realfooty.com.au

Seems a bit weird for him not to have been offered a contract yet - assuming the article is correct. You'd reckon he'd have been delisted already if that were the case, unless the club is waiting for the Kennelly decision before they decide whether there is room for him or not.

From Ablett's point of view it makes some sense, given that he's going to be fighting out for one of the last spots in the midfield/half forward line with a long list of developing players. However, he'd be far from guaranteed a spot elsewhere because the teams who could use a strong, mature player in the midfield (like the Tigers and Dees) will almost certainly be obsessed with YOOF.

Ablett wants out?

The story says Noggy's contract hasn't been renewed and he "may" look elsewhere in the draft.

In the rush to sign up Kennelly and Bradshaw, did the footy dept "forget" about poor old Luke?

List trim puts big names in draft - RFNews - realfooty.com.au
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast