Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Norths down, Power up

They want to keep it at minimum 10 teams in Prems. A criteria of on and more importantly off-field requirements has been set for those that want to stay, and those that want to get there, example, strong junior pathway, cash in the bank, facilities, etc etc. Logically, Gong would've been relegated but they represent an important development region, so they stay. Next was Balmain, but they seem to be a cash cow at the moment. I reckon if UTS had a decent set up for a ground, they would be the 11th team in 2010, but 2011 I think will see them move up.

Now with this re-structure, alot of clubs have their sights set on one day fielding a team in Prems, Parramatta are one, where it would've been nigh on impossible before last year to work your way up to Div 1 and beyond.

I think there are a few clubs in front of parra. UTS, Manly, Mac Uni, Sharks? I think Nor west could even give parra a shake this year.

Quote Originally Posted by OLDMATE View Post
    I think there are a few clubs in front of parra. UTS, Manly, Mac Uni, Sharks? I think Nor west could even give parra a shake this year.
    I think Manly should be up within 3 year, no one is close to them and maybe Nor West later if they can get better, Mac Uni and UTS, too many side around them.

Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    I think Manly should be up within 3 year, no one is close to them and maybe Nor West later if they can get better, Mac Uni and UTS, too many side around them.
    We'll only aim as high as Division 1 in the future. Not enough to sustain a Premier Division club out here, and too close to ECE. Div 1 is high enough.
    We'll look to give Parra a run, and if we can keep the recruits that have shown up at training so far, we'll go alright, but Division 2 is a fairly even comp, no easy games at all.

Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    UTS are going along a bit better than Manly. Flogged everyone in div 1 and have a ton more depth.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by OLDMATE View Post
    UTS are going along a bit better than Manly. Flogged everyone in div 1 and have a ton more depth.
    There's a fair bit more to it than that, the AFL released a set of criteria to clubs last year which covers a whole range of things such as ground, sponsorship and financial strength, and strategic importance geographically.

Most of these criteria are assessed over a three year period.

Playing strength is just one aspect.

I don't know whether UTS are going down this road, but if they are you would think that they have a pretty good case.

That being said, I would have thought strategically that the AFL would prefer a club like Holroyd-Parramatta to be able to get up to speed.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415