Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Southern Power going backwards?

Southern Power going backwards?

The Southern Power have announced Simon Closter as Senior Coach again.

Makes you wonder how many chances a guy can get to jag a premiership. I would have thought they would go in a different direction after the failed finals campaign and ordinary 2008. It seems like Jason Philp left them with a Grand Final team in 2007 and they've gone backwards under Closter despite the roster being the same or better.

My mail is several fringe St George players will play with the Power next year as they don't want to play against them - and get flogged.

The Dragons v Power Div 2 games will be a good local derby next year.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by The Late Mail View Post

Makes you wonder how many chances a guy can get to jag a premiership. I would have thought they would go in a different direction after the failed finals campaign and ordinary 2008. It seems like Jason Philp left them with a Grand Final team in 2007 and they've gone backwards under Closter despite the roster being the same or better.

My mail is several fringe St George players will play with the Power next year as they don't want to play against them - and get flogged.

Might also have had a bit to do with the lack of games they had under their belts coming into the finals given the number of teams who could be bothered showing up against them.

Late Mail, Interesting post. You start off sledging the coach and finish with them recruiting new platers to the club?

OK... meant to type players...not platers.

Thats gold, i seriously doubt that is the case.

Is the 18's coach still around or did sanity prevail and he got banned for life?

Quote Originally Posted by ShortHalfHead View Post
    Is the 18's coach still around or did sanity prevail and he got banned for life?
    Was only thinking this last week, we have heard not a whisper of any sanctions etc out of that since it occurred.....

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawknik View Post
    Was only thinking this last week, we have heard not a whisper of any sanctions etc out of that since it occurred.....
    I heard that he has no case to answer.

No case to answer?

Senior Player
    He didnt send the guys out their to punch on - at the end of the day the suspensions handed out werent all that extreme given all you have to do is call an umpire a @@@@ to get two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by tara View Post
    I heard that he has no case to answer.
    This would imply either:
    1) the afl investigated the issue and there were "no" witnesses
    OR
    2) the afl did not investigate and not one person put a complaint in

Either way, very poor for a full investigation not to occur considering the media it got, was juniors and was a GF.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawknik View Post
    This would imply either:
    1) the afl investigated the issue and there were "no" witnesses
    OR
    2) the afl did not investigate and not one person put a complaint in

Either way, very poor for a full investigation not to occur considering the media it got, was juniors and was a GF.
    According to the Southern Power website, the coach has not been reappointed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast