Thread: Shaw a wing man or Back still ?

Shaw a wing man or Back still ?

ie with Tag back do we need Shaw up on the wing or free at the back with both Tag and Shaw zip zipping our counter attack........
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Shaw will spend more time in the midfield, but he will be Tagged.
    Incidentally, one of our posters (sorry, I can't recall who, feel free to take credit) gave a great way to remember how to spell Tadhg's name: it ends with HG as in H G Nelson.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Tadhg & Shaw will remain back. Mattner, ROK and possibly Malceski to the wings. Kennedy could prove a useful foil in either spot.

Quote Originally Posted by reigning premier View Post
    Tadhg & Shaw will remain back. Mattner, ROK and possibly Malceski to the wings. Kennedy could prove a useful foil in either spot.
    I agree RP, I'd really like to see Marty Monster on the wing.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    I agree RP, I'd really like to see Marty Monster on the wing.
    So would I. He has proven to be an unexpectedly good kick for goal, and its harder to kick from the backline than from the wing.....utilise their talents. Wish we could use B2 nearer the forward line. He is also a good kick. But his major talent is down back.....then again they moved Alistair Lynch up forward near the end of his career, and it didn't do any harm whatsoever! Long while to go yet.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Shaw will spend more time in the midfield, but he will be Tagged.
    Incidentally, one of our posters (sorry, I can't recall who, feel free to take credit) gave a great way to remember how to spell Tadhg's name: it ends with HG as in H G Nelson.
    HG Nelson is always the way that I have remembered it but not sure I ever posted that 6 years ago or whenever it might have been.

As for Shaw, he is a backman and always will be. He did have a great running game last year, he runs at 3/4 pace over a fair distance but usually across the front of goal and no matter what his placing in the B & F, I think he still has a suspect kick and poor temperament too often.
    The Pain of Discipline is Nothing Like The Pain of Disappointment

Quote Originally Posted by TheHood View Post
    no matter what his placing in the B & F, I think he still has a suspect kick and poor temperament too often.
    I don't agree that he has a poor temperament but more that he is very competetive and is not backward in coming forward in letting his team mates know when he doesn't think they are giving the best they can.
    I don't believe he would have been voted into the leadership group nor that Roos would think so highly of him if he was suspect in temperament.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHood View Post
    HG Nelson is always the way that I have remembered it but not sure I ever posted that 6 years ago or whenever it might have been.
    I think it was Provost that posted that. IIRC.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by reigning premier View Post
    Can't agree on that one RP. ROK will never play on a wing given his superb 2009, but Malceski, yes, in Canberra.