View Poll Results: Rate Lewis Roberts-Thomson's season ...

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Excellent

0 0%

9 13.64%

29 43.94%

22 33.33%

4 6.06%

1 1.52%

0 0%

0 0%

1 1.52%
  • 1 - Poor

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Rate a Season: #30 Lewis Roberts-Thomson

2009 Rate a Season: #30 Lewis Roberts-Thomson

I know you want to ...
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Best season to date from the previously much maligned, big man. LRT is now a competent KPP in our backline.

On occasion, he can make you cringe the way he lopes put of the backline, but his overall disposal and decision making is pretty good.

Veterans List
    Like watching Jude kick for goal, in 2009 I found myself looking forward to LRT getting the ball. Still looks awkward but is prepared to back himself and so gets generally good results. Can they share their confidence pills with Barlow?

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?

Based purely on HIS ability. 2009 was about as good as a season as we're ever going to get out of him. If we're comparing him to say Goodesy or ROk, he'd barely make a 3 but in consideration of his ability and previous seasons, 8 it is.

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    I thought he had another excellent season and is integral to our structure and our hopes of winning games on a regular basis. Interesting that when other clubs came knocking around trade week, he was quickly resigned to a three year contract.

7/10
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    8. A very underrated player.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

8 - good stuff
    -

8 from me. I am almost relieved that some of my fellow r&wers can see what I see. Never beaten mentally. Works bloody hard. Looks like a cord of wood, but that hasn't stopped him. Gentleman on and off the ground; if he ever got reported I think I would have heart failure. That's it, he has a big heart.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

A better year than all the other previous years put together.

Quite often has been the absolute very last line of defence.

Gotta love that.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veterans List
    With the luxury of just having watched quite a number of 2009 games I give LRT a very solid 8. Let's not forget he had a long time on the sidelines with his foot injury but 2009 was a watershed in my opinion.

To me he's playing with a lot more confidence, run and flair. His spoiling on so many occasions was perfect, took some excellent contested grabs and provided plenty of run.

He will be an integral part of our backline for our next assault on the flag ...... which I understand is timed for 2011

Well done Lewis.

Now that MOL's gone he's just about my favourite Swan. I think because he looks so unprepossessing he's constantly under-rated, but he's quite an accomplished player.

He gave the Swans great value this year. As well as taking big grabs, his reading of the play, decision-making and disposal have all really improved. In the absence of Tadgh and Malceski last year, his run and carry out of the backline was really important.

Like Prim, I just couldn't imagine him throwing a punch.

The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Veterans List
    8+1 for his name. Fine effort to come back from a long term foot injury.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast