Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: NAB Cup

Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    Ticketek are still selling tickets (phew), but who knows what that means in terms of tickets sold.
    Rooty Hill RSL is still selling tickets as well, one of my collegues just bought four. they may have meant that they have sold more than initially expected

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by sWAns63 View Post
    In summer with an extended bench yo have to play Pyke you'd be stupid not to.
    I'd also like to see Campbell Heath get a run and see what he's capable of.

Almost Football Legend
    Fortunately I got my ticket weeks ago - but both Rooty Hill RSL and Ticketek websites report the game at Blacktown is sold out.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    Fortunately I got my ticket weeks ago - but both Rooty Hill RSL and Ticketek websites report the game at Blacktown is sold out.
    Radio report this morning said about 700 left, of the 10,000 available.

Senior Player
    In 2008 we couldn't get 20,000 people to a home final, now, after missing finals all together, we're going to sell out a 10,000 seat venue for a NAB Cup game.
    I know the weather was atrocious that September night, but something about that seems a little odd to me.

Talking Swans V Carlton NAB Cup Tickets

I am looking for two adult tickets to the game on 20 Feb at Blacktown. Rooty Hill RSL has sold out. Can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    In 2008 we couldn't get 20,000 people to a home final, now, after missing finals all together, we're going to sell out a 10,000 seat venue for a NAB Cup game.
    I know the weather was atrocious that September night, but something about that seems a little odd to me.
    Well, I paid $32 a few weeks ago and received 6 tix in the mail for Sat week.

You needed to pay twice that much and then some for one ticket to the final.

It didn't stop me of course, but the casual observer is not going to fork out that type of money.

This was discussed at length at the time.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Senior Player
    The final was too dear, at a venue where most people hate to go, badly promoted , and the weather was worse than atrocious, and had been all day.

On the Rookie List
    What rule changes do we have for the NAB cup.The only one I have heard is that the boundary umpires can pay a free kick. Also how many interchange are allowed?

I had been told (and I stupidly believed) that the game had a live feed into sydney fta. It does not. I am not having a good start to the season.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    What rule changes do we have for the NAB cup.The only one I have heard is that the boundary umpires can pay a free kick. Also how many interchange are allowed?
    The big rule (and one I look ofrward to most) is the new advantage rule. The player with the football will be given the sole responsibility of deciding whether an advantage exists or not after a free kick is awarded. If the player continues to play after the whistle is blown he will have taken advantage, regardless of the outcome. If he props the umpire will (if neccessary) return the ball to the infringed player and play will resume as per usual.

This would be most apparent in goalshots, where in the past the umpire has called advantage, the player has kicked a point and then the umpire returns the ball for a free kick. Under this new rule the behind would stand as the team took advantage at the free kick.
    10100111001 ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by laughingnome View Post
    The big rule (and one I look ofrward to most) is the new advantage rule. The player with the football will be given the sole responsibility of deciding whether an advantage exists or not after a free kick is awarded. If the player continues to play after the whistle is blown he will have taken advantage, regardless of the outcome. If he props the umpire will (if neccessary) return the ball to the infringed player and play will resume as per usual.

This would be most apparent in goalshots, where in the past the umpire has called advantage, the player has kicked a point and then the umpire returns the ball for a free kick. Under this new rule the behind would stand as the team took advantage at the free kick.
    I think it's a terrible rule. If the player doesn't realise a free kick has been paid and plays on into trouble, it's play on. If a player plays the whistle, he basically takes the whistle out of the equation anyway. Not only that, but if the whistle blows, and the bloke decides to take the advantage, you'll have a field of players standing around while he darts on ahead. It will be far too confusing.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast