Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No Pay!!! No PLAY

You obviously haven't been involved in club administration? Chasing players and your mates for subs is not fun. Then you see them out after the game splurging on doubles over the bar no worries and then crying poor when you hit them up for their subs.

Players need to pay their subs if they are working. If not then maybe there are concessions.

Sometimes it takes messages like No pay no play to try to get the point across.

Quote Originally Posted by -Doogs- View Post
    You obviously haven't been involved in club administration? Chasing players and your mates for subs is not fun. Then you see them out after the game splurging on doubles over the bar no worries and then crying poor when you hit them up for their subs.

Players need to pay their subs if they are working. If not then maybe there are concessions.

Sometimes it takes messages like No pay no play to try to get the point across.
    But thats the point. Those exact words dont work at all. Cause evryplayer knows it bull@@@@. The good player will always try to avoid. 1 mor ething I spoke to 2 men in st Kilda over xmas that read club web-sites before trekking of to Sydney. The ones that showed a great atmosphere an Not "come here and play training starts in Jan. REGO DUE SOON!!!! NO PAY NO PLAY...they skipped!!! and you would have been surprised how many there were...So is it the individual thats being a scum...hmmmmm maybe or maybe the clubs/association relax a while..
    Last edited by Norris Lurker; 9th February 2010 at 10:28 AM. Reason: insult deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Remember Me View Post
    But thats the point. Those exact words dont work at all. Cause evryplayer knows it bull@@@@. The good player will always try to avoid. 1 mor ething I spoke to 2 men in st Kilda over xmas that read club web-sites before trekking of to Sydney. The ones that showed a great atmosphere an Not "come here and play training starts in Jan. REGO DUE SOON!!!! NO PAY NO PLAY...they skipped!!! and you would have been surprised how many there were...So is it the individual thats being a scum...hmmmmm maybe or maybe the clubs/association relax a while..
    That just doesn't sound right to me...
    Last edited by Norris Lurker; 9th February 2010 at 10:29 AM. Reason: edit quote of edited post

It's a non-AFL state culture thing, I think. For years in seniors and even to some extent in juniors, it has been a case of AFL having to work hard and struggle to get players. They have been given grace to pay and registration never closes.
    In other mainstream sports like soccer and league, many players fear that by not registering/paying on rego days or early in the year, that they might miss a spot.

Quite a few new players turned up to our first training run on Saturday with rego forms and cash in hand..and those that didn't promised to pay it the next training session. Ones that had been around the club for a while didn't come armed with forms or money. Some even told new players that they didn't have to pay till round 1

Hopefully this year should we have full teams, that come Round 1 and no cash......might have to set an example

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123