Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rd 2 Crows v Swans - Official teams named

Rd 2 Crows v Swans - Official teams named

Just watching the Freo v Crows game and Dangerfield has left the field with a hamstring problem.

With Johncock already out, it helps.

I hope Roos is watching this game and noting how Freo has dominated the Crows.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Anyone worth dropping for the swans against adelaide? Ted richards was pretty bad in my opinion. Didnt watch it on the telly (only at the game) but his workrate was woeful at times, (or seemed to be). We need the fittest team we can possibly get on the field against the crows. Freo have shown that if you run bloody hard, you can score against the crows, something we havent done fo a few years (decades almost?).

Bring rohan in to play on dangerfield i say! Ranger on a ranger!

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    In: Hanners
    Out: Richards
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Sadly for us, Dangerfield came back on and was very dangerous.

Taylor Walker for Crows kicked 4 goals and reminded me very much off Didak.

Fremantle won 118 to 62 and the Crows were heave hoed.

The Crows just went to sleep in the last qtr. Freo was magnificent and outplayed them. No mention of the the Crows veterans either as Freo piled on the points.

To those who subscribe that how a team plays in the final qtr reflects on how they start the following week - well, Crows fell out of the tree against Freo. After a good 3rd qtr, the Crows were stuffed as Freo dominated the last qtr.

We can only hope this theory continues.

McLeod was hardly mentioned during the game. Gerard Healy said that the Crows were smashed in the middle.

Just looking at the Crows list and their experience, they have 11 players who have played more than 100 games. They have 19 who have played more than 50.

The Swans have 14 players who have played more than 100 games and 15 players over 50 games. 19 players over 40 games.

So experience is closely matched.

After watching the Swans last night live and Crows on telly tonight, I think we have a good chance of breaking the curse over there even if the Swans played as they did last night.

The Swans HAVE to WIN next Sunday. Why? Its my birthday!

So I'm praying the Easter Bunny brings me a Snow Bunny, no, I mean a Swans WIN!!!!!!
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Veteran Site Admin
    The commentators made a few comments on the great job Johnson did keeping Bock accountable. Could be an interesting role for White - give him a specific job to do and Bock would have to take White seriously because he can be damaging if he gets the chance. We could certainly do without Bock taking up where Gilbert left off on Saturday night.

On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar
    Crows are disgraceful. We should hand them a mighty thumping next week based on this week's performance.
    Adam Goodes: Rising Star 99, Brownlow 2003, 2006
    Swans Premiers 1909, 1918,1933,2005, 2012

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Quote Originally Posted by swans_premiers View Post
    Crows are disgraceful. We should hand them a mighty thumping next week based on this week's performance.
    We've all heard that before!
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by swans_premiers View Post
    Ahhh, but they will come out firing in front of their home crowd to make up for round 1. Sydney need everything to go right to beat adelaide in adelaide. Hall lost it for us last time with his stupid punch, hopefully without him we can get over the line.

On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by staple View Post
    Ahhh, but they will come out firing in front of their home crowd to make up for round 1. Sydney need everything to go right to beat adelaide in adelaide. Hall lost it for us last time with his stupid punch, hopefully without him we can get over the line.
    Crows have too many youngsters and their oldies don't have the same influence as they used to. It's going to be the middle aged players Mcveigh, Malcseki etc that are going to prove the difference for us.

our 22 is better and we should win regardless of our history vs the crows. If we don't win I will be furious.
    Adam Goodes: Rising Star 99, Brownlow 2003, 2006
    Swans Premiers 1909, 1918,1933,2005, 2012

I think we should get Hanners and Vez in there asap. Going to be very good players for us.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    I think we should get Hanners and Vez in there asap. Going to be very good players for us.
    Vez has played almost no footy over the pre-season and it showed yesterday. He looked pretty fit but was very rusty with his kicking. I'd be leaving in him the reserves for a few weeks to find his touch before bringing him in. But once he is ready, I think he can add a touch of the class that we still lack at times.

I'm on your side, liz, re a touch of class. Once fitness is sorted, to have 3 youngsters who are all class in the side in Hanners, Jetta & Vespa-- 5 if/when we add Rohan and he comes up to expectations, and if Bird gets back and continues on his 2008/9 trajectory-- will add a totally different dimension to this side. Even when Jetta got the ball on half-back you could feel the excitement ripple through the crowd. From the distance of television. Vespa similarly is someone who people love going to the footy to watch. Hannebery, like Bird, is more your footballers' footballer than a crowd favourite, but fantastic disposal brings the exciting players into the game-- Bradshaw, White and Goodes will love being on the tail end of his passes.

Add to those players the now-mid-career McVeigh, who is rapidly approaching the gold standard of classy footballers, and the freakish Goodes, means that we can have a really substantial counterpoint to the staunchly blue-collar old-school midfielders whose ranks have been newly bolstered with Kennedy & McGlynn (McGlynn accepts and relishes the label blue-collar; Kennedy still has pretences of a bit of flash but I doubt if they'll come to anything).

Back on the subject of the Crows though, history indicates you'd be foolish to rate playing them at Footy Park as anything better than a 50/50. Craig Bolton must be the best bet to shut down Taylor Walker, but that means that the (ahem) struggling LRT would most likely get Tippett (Richards I don't think is tall enough). He'll need some help with that match-up, to put it politely.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast