Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Premiers Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby Pudge View Post
    Ece will win again.

They have recruited the best player in the competition (Jamie Vlatko) & the second best player in the competition (Peter Dugmore) also picked up some depth in above average midfielder (Mike Beardsley).

People talking up balmain should shut their gob.... Sure they have picked up 5 ex-swans but after that their list is the laughing stock of the competition! Best & Fairest (Janis Blums) is a plodder at best.

Ece are so far in front of everybody else it's not funny!

North Shore will make a big improvement under "Fixer" to make Grand Final.

As for all the other competitions/divisions.... Who cares! (Except for P.K and his 2 headed friends)
    You can feel the love of the "Nor-West Alliance" can't you

Greg, I believe Tubby Pudge is a former ECE player, with a Footy Club CV longer than your arm.

And, to be honest, the alliance kind of went south with the introduction of ECE 3rd grade. Nothing against them, they did what they had to do with their numbers.

im with Tubby Pudge on his prediction,ECE will lose only one game in the whole season, the GF. They will be dominant all season and play Norths in the GF, Wason will keep Dugmore kickless(again) & he will win the Rod Podbury medal.

He's a terrific defender that fella. Is he a Sydney junior?

Yes he is... played his junior footy in the excellent leafy surrounds of Acron Oval, St Ives.

Played in the same junior team as Adam Lord.

Prem Div: ECE
    First: UTS
    2nd: Southern Power
    3rd: Mac Uni
    4th: Maroubra
    u18 prem: Norths
    u18 challage: Southern power

Premier Division = ECE
    1st = ECE
    2nd = Southern Power
    3rd = Mac Uni
    4th = Maroubra
    U/18 Prem = North Shore
    U/18 Challenge = Southern Power

ECE too strong with good recruiting and with that, plenty of first grade players in 1st division so will give UTS a good shake, although UTS may hold on. Ronny Wason is a good defender. however Dugmore isn't their only avenue to goal.

Acron Oval, with the dingiest sheds in football. Who was that really tall blonde fella that pkayed there, had arms like a praying mantis, would be nearly 30 by now? If you were around back then that is. I did like the location of that ground though. Was always a little exciting and daunting at the same time, travelling to these North Shore grounds when Hills/Hornsby & the North Shore merged in the mid 90s- grounds like Acron, Lionel Watts, Pittwater High. Back then, Forest had a fella named Jason Cathie, young bloke that came from Coolamon, could kick a country mile of both feet, was huge for a 15 year old. Last I heard, was serving time in the lock up, not sure if that was true.

Anyway, I'll give my tips- I believe I got closest last year, see how I go this year.

Premier Division- Eagles will go back-to-back after ridding themselves of the finals monkey, over Pennant Hills.

1st Division- UTS to go undefeated again in their last year of 1st Division, to obliterate whoever they play, more than likely Eagles, smokey team will be Manly.

2nd Division- Has to be the PowerSharks, last year must sting a fair bit. To knock off St George. We'll round out the top 4.

3rd Division- With the top two gone, leaves the door open for Moorebank, plenty of recruits, particularly from the O & M, they'll knock off Sydney Uni.

4th Division- Young Crocodile has recruited well by the look of the clearance board, but so have Auburn. One name stands out- S> Kassem. Playing in that league, with the likes of Ozem and Hakem, they will smash every team off the park, leagally or otherwise. Both teams should be pushing for Div 3 promotion for 2011. Jets to threaten somewhat, maybe top 4.

Premier 18s- Can't say I know a hell of a lot about this comp, but coin toss between Saints, Norths Demons and Eagles, the usual suspects.

Challenge 18s- Penriff over PowerSharks.

Senior Player
    Prem - East Coast
    1st - UTS
    2nd - Power
    3rd - UTS should be favourites based on last year (also Pekay dont let the clearances fool you - most of my side are local lads)
    4th - Auburn depending upon whether Salem does make the trip to Sydney to play many games this year.

Prem 18's - Saints
    Chall 18's - Riff

Looks like the same as last year,but who will win the spoons?

Premiers
    ECE
    UTS
    Power
    syd uni -
    Maroubra

Wooden Spoons
    Gong
    Wests
    Camden
    -
    Mac uni 4 Side

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby Pudge View Post
    Ece will win again.

They have recruited the best player in the competition (Jamie Vlatko) & the second best player in the competition (Peter Dugmore) also picked up some depth in above average midfielder (Mike Beardsley).

People talking up balmain should shut their gob.... Sure they have picked up 5 ex-swans but after that their list is the laughing stock of the competition! Best & Fairest (Janis Blums) is a plodder at best.

Ece are so far in front of everybody else it's not funny!

North Shore will make a big improvement under "Fixer" to make Grand Final.

As for all the other competitions/divisions.... Who cares! (Except for P.K and his 2 headed friends)
    No doubting ECE will be head and shoulders. Jamie Vlatko is a gun and was a very very good player for Norwood. I Wouldn;t go as far to say he will be the best player in the comp. I mean, Saddington got best on grounds in the VFL last year and Tim Schmidt got 62 touches in a game in the Canberra league not long ago.....oh and there is another bloke at Balmain, Nick Davis....he goes alright by the sounds of things!!

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    i think P.Ks two headed friend beat your twos, maybe this is y you dont care.
    dont fool urself sam, tubby has nothing to do with ECE! and ECE certainley distance themselves from such scallywags and gollywogs !!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast