Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: North Melbourne in game discussion

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I shall watch the replay with relish.....are we going to start b agging White or does that speccy make up for it. And what about Marty! No wonder Hanners was his school's Sports Captain. Big Mummy officially gets one of my hugs. So does the backline. Tenacious all of them. What happened to NicMal? It was suggested it was all about matchups, but.....no, I am just pleased it was a good win, even against norf. Thats two wins away.. that's a good foundation.
    Nick Malceski was quite tentative today. It looked like North were out to give him no space and it worked. He stuffed up with dinky kicks and rarely had time or space. Missed a few targets also. I think he went off soon after he put up one arm for a mark when he heard a player coming from behind. Was a pretty soft effort.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    So what was Norf going on about using collingwood's technique to beat the Swans.
    Well they did for a little while, kept the pressure on during the 2nd term, and made us make silly mistakes, but they couldn't do it for 4 qrts.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Jets - OMG. Kick a goal and get it over and done with sonny. Once you get that devil off your back, I reckon we can expect a whole lot more!! ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC disposal. I hope he kicks one next week.
    Agree. He's just got to nail one.
    It's doing my head in.

Can't get over how well little Hanners played today. Have we got a 10 year contract with him??
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

He'll score against the mod that he wanted to go to originally, just to stick it up 'em!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Can't get over how well little Hanners played today. Have we got a 10 year contract with him??
    I hope so.

He had 27 disp, 12 contested. The kid knows how to find the footy.

After reading this thread I'm looking forward to watching my tape of the game.
    Red & White forever.

Veterans List
    I think some credit must be given to North in the first half. When Wells went into his shell 10 minutes into the 3rd Quarter they stopped.

The good:
    Goodes took the game by the scruff of the neck in the 3rd Q.
    Kirk much better this week.
    Kennelly as cool as it gets. Very good.
    Hanners is a star.
    Jetta is Mr 100% efficiency. Outstanding use of the ball as was Hanners.
    The rucks are playing very well.
    2nd half centre clearances was the best for a long time. Was it a conicidence that Goodes went in there?
    Bradshaw is all class. His contested marking was superb.
    Thought Jack stuck to his task on Harvey.
    Moore (2nd half) McVeigh, ROK, Shaw (improved), LRT, Mattner were all serviceable.

Not so good:

Malceski was worked over.
    J Bolton struggled.
    Craig Bolton is not moving as well as usual. Gave away yards today and slower off the mark.
    Kennedy does enough but not convinced yet.
    Jesse - please don't play for a speckie.
    Grundy - first half looked like he was believing his own publicity. Made some bad errors. Pulled the finger out somewhat in the 2nd half.

a 40 point win on a sunny saturday afternoon.

It doesn't get much better.
    North fans streaming out early in the last quarter meant the car park was an easy getaway too

Hanners was exceptional in close - beautiful handballs to advantage from heavy traffic.
    Goodes just too good a few times and Bradshaw - I think a few of the swans have actually worked out that it is worth kicking it long to him one on one.

A most enjoyable day

Quote Originally Posted by 31 hard at it View Post
    a 40 point win on a sunny saturday afternoon.

It doesn't get much better.
    North fans streaming out early in the last quarter meant the car park was an easy getaway too

Hanners was exceptional in close - beautiful handballs to advantage from heavy traffic.
    Goodes just too good a few times and Bradshaw - I think a few of the swans have actually worked out that it is worth kicking it long to him one on one.

A most enjoyable day
    x2
    To all those people who waited 72 years to see a South Melbourne/Sydney Swans premiership HERE IT IS!!

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by swansrule100 View Post
    i am always careful about how one eyed i am watching a game. But i think the umpires did the best they could to keep north in that first half. After half time we dominated and looked very good.
    And then some! Some of those frees North got in particular the 1st qtr (which resulted in goals) man you gotta sometimes wonder about this game and what its becoming! I even had north supporters sitting near me saying that they werent there. Overall though VERY pleased with the win and the performance of bradshaw, jetta, mumford and hannerbury. Bring on the eagles!

Just in from the game. Today i learn't...
    Hanners and Mummy are absolute gold
    Goodsy is best in the midfield
    Marty isn't a midfielders backside
    Kirky is now officially Mr Reliable outside 30m (three weeks in a row)
    McGlynn needs to use the better option far more often
    LRT takes over from Leo as the player most likely to give me a heart attack
    The umpires have problems, worst i've seen, unbelievably bad

Good solid win in the end

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    23-24,000, I reckon at least 2/3's were Sydney.

The most intersting thing I noticed, was the hush as the game started. Usually the crowd buildings into a roar at the first bounce. You couldv'e heard a pin drop.
    Norf may regret not moving north already.
    Yeah I noticed how quiet it was at the start as well, there was zero atmosphere. We also outnumbered their supporters at THEIR home game IMHO, there was red and white everywhere!