8 9.76%
  • Undecided

6 7.32%
  • Who cares as long as we win

16 19.51%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bradshaw v Hall???

totally agree i was rather offended by the media intimating that barry's bad behavior was due our slow ball movement and poor disposal.

there are a few things that i like about bradshaw over hall
    • better shot at goal
    • doesnt give away as many free kicks
    • doesnt scream at the midfield for not kicking it to him
    • slightly more hair
    • 100m torps
    • sons now in swans academy
    • doesnt punch blokes
    • better contested mark
    • plays deeper
      d

How good must Bradshaw be feeling today?
    He turned up, did his job-and excelled. Proved to his team mates and his fans why he is a Swan and can have a quiet smile because Voss will be gnawing on his liver

Hall infinitely better over their careers. Hall was arguably the best player in the competition for two years. Bradshaw has never been at that level. Right now, I'd say Bradshaw is the better footballer.

Hall was a superstar. Very short memories.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Bradshaw by the length of the Flemington straight. Can't think of one area of the game Hall is better in.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swansrule100 View Post
    if we gave hall the delivery over the last few seasons that we give bradshaw at the moment things could be different
    I thought the same, but maybe Bradshaw put's himself in a better position for the ball deliverers??

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tasswan View Post
    I picked the wrong one, can anyone change for me I meant to pick Bradshaw
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I thought the same, but maybe Bradshaw put's himself in a better position for the ball deliverers??

yeh he does present well, i just think it would easy to forget what a great player hall was for this club
    Theres not much left to say

It appears at this stage of the season, that Badshaw fits in very very well with our tean\m structure, and Hall does likewise at the Dogs....
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Hall infinitely better over their careers. Hall was arguably the best player in the competition for two years. Bradshaw has never been at that level. Right now, I'd say Bradshaw is the better footballer.

Hall was never anywhere near the best player in the competition. For a while he was one of the best key forwards. Bradshaw is better now, and has had a better career. You have to remember that Bradshaw spent large amounts of time as a key defender, and never once was the main target up forward, competing with the likes of Alistair Lynch and Jono Brown. Bradshaw would not have received nearly as many opportunities to kick goals as Hall, and yet the numbers are pretty even.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Long Term Injury List
    Barry was wonderful for us but fell in a big heap from the Staker hit onwards. He seemed to acquire a bad case of the 'angries' and, from what I've seen of the Doggies games, he hasn't really lost them.
    The Doggies used 'poor disposal' and 'poor player management' as it's selling point to fans. But Barry was dropping marks all over the place in those last couple of seasons, couldn't turn or bend over. That has nothingto do with the ball not coming to him. Go back and look at a few games from 2005 & 2006, Barry was a different player altogether and we were playing the same game plan.

As far as comparing Hall v Bradshaw pre. 2010 it isn't really possible. Hall was the focal point, Mickey O the support. At the Brions Brown was the focal point while Bradshaw was the support. Now that Bradshaw is the focal point we are seeing what he can do. I'm loving it!

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post

I think it's fairly obvious that we are talking about now, not over their careers which has no relevance to this debate.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    Hall was never anywhere near the best player in the competition. For a while he was one of the best key forwards. Bradshaw is better now, and has had a better career. You have to remember that Bradshaw spent large amounts of time as a key defender, and never once was the main target up forward, competing with the likes of Alistair Lynch and Jono Brown. Bradshaw would not have received nearly as many opportunities to kick goals as Hall, and yet the numbers are pretty even.
    didnt bazza win the league mvp award in 2005 that would suggest to me that he was certainly one of the best players in the league that year. Voted by the coaches means a fair bit i reckon

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast