Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sydney's Flag Chances

Sydney's Flag Chances

I was wondering, surely you guys reckon you're up there in regards to winning the flag

Because i think you'll finish top 4

it dawned on me this morning that we are actually a genuine chance to have a crack at the top 4 and thus the flag. Comes finals time i think we can beat the saints and geelong maybe the dogs and not collingwood so if the finals fall our way we're a sneaky chance

We have had some good wins but we are still a fair off knowing whether we will be a top 4 side. St Kilda, Geelong, WB, Carl, Coll, Brisbane, Fremantle & even Melb / Port / Nth would consider themselves chances of making the top 4 - as only 2 wins separate 1 & 11 on the ladder.

We have only played two real contenders at this stage and we are 1 win / 1 loss. The next 3 weeks will tell us a lot. Now is the time to get excited only about what we have done so far - the rest is still a mystery.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    The rest of this month will throw more light on our chances. By the time we've played Geelong, the Bulldogs and Freo we'll know whether we're top four or not, even before we get to Collingwood and Carlton, which I think are the others to consider. If we can play regular periods in four quarters like the later part of the first and through most of the second last night, we could beat anyone. For regular Swans watchers, the precision of delivery was amazing; defenders didn't have much chance.
    And then there are injuries ... in the lap of the footy gods.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Very tough month coming up. Still a long way to go aswell anything can happen.

My thoughts haven't changed since this post.....

To Make the Eight
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Too far out to be considering - I'm with CTS - once we are there anything can happen
    sprite

Revisit this thread in 4 weeks.We'll know more then.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Last night win confirms that we are capable of playing finals and finishing from 5th downwards.

If we can win more than half the games against Geelong, Bulldogs, Dockers, Hawks and finally get over Collingwood in the big game at ANZ I will be willing to consider this side is good enough to finish top 4 and play in a prelimary final.

At this stage I still think we are a couple of more pieces of the jigsaw puzzle away from being a top 4 side.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Oo, I feel dirty. We're next to Collingwood on the ladder.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

I'm with the folks above (though of course on an emotional level I've spent the last week running around the house chanting "we're number one! We're number ONE!"). I don't want the team to get too cocky - even if beating the Lions shows we weren't winning "only 'cause we had it easy". If we do well against Geelong especially, I'll be confident. This month is the big test!

All depends our defence (full back line) holds up we looked very poor at times last nite and the same against the Saints, but at times we were great. We let in too many soft goals and we panic a lot, we need to play our natural game.
    Get the half backs braking the lines and play quick balls out of defence, when we slow down the game its impossible for the half backs to brake the lines and open out the midfield.
    Grundy is by far the most improved player in the AFL within the last 12 months by a long mile, himself and LRT need to cut out mistakes and get the ball to more of our skilled defenders quicker.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast