Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans V Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    On FSN they just said Jude had minor facial surgery and will be right for Freo????
    Brisbane play Fremantle, so they weren't talking about Bolton.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    On FSN they just said Jude had minor facial surgery and will be right for Freo????
    It was Maguire. Perhaps they got confused, seeing as the incident happened between the two.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    If McGlynn is fit he is an automatic in.

Rucks - I thought Pyke showed excellent tap skills in the seniors last year and if he's improved further then lets get him in, let's face it, he only needs to give Mummy a rest period each quarter and given his background, he won't be phased about Geelong at Kardinia Park. Don't forget he's got pace as well. White should be left to run around the forward line dragging a defender with him rather than stuffing him up by rucking him again. Currie needs to be dominating in the ressies before getting upgraded to the ones.

Get more pace - Rohan is a very confident young man who also wouldn't be phased about Geelong at Kardinia Park. What better place for him to debut in front of his own home town cheer squad. He has to be considered as a reward for his ressies form. He adds pace and pressure. Jetta must play as the Cats are a little suspect against genuine leg speed.

Lewis Johnston from the ressie watchers reports sounds like he has real football ability and nous, so he shouldn't be far of a spot if we need a tall in the future.

It won't be easy down at Kardinia but let's pick the best replacements, those who are shining in the ressies.
    Very logical and well thought out. It looks like Hannebery will be out for 1-2 weeks and Rohan would be a great replacement. I also agree with going with Pyke and leaving White in the forwards.

This thread is up to 11 pages, and we are still five days away from the game......are we getting excited then?
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    What did Teddy do so wrong on Saturday? According to the stats, he had 13 possessions at 92% efficiency (highest in the team) and zero clangers.
    I'm not saying he was incredibly, magnificently, fantastic, but I think he did his job well and I'd be stunned if he was dropped.
    You tell em Jewels
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

I certainly am excited. Made a late decision to fly down for Mothers day. The only ticket I could get was the old time standing room behind the goals. Last time I stood there Plugger kicked a bag and we won by a mile. I'll take that as an omen.
    Pay peanuts get monkeys

bleeding red and white sydneyswans1989's Avatar
    Herald Sun has indicated Hanners is out for 1-2 weeks with that shoulder injury.

This must mean Rohan will be given the green light to make his debut.

McGlynn has been put down as 1 week but Roos has mentioned he might be right to go depending on how he trains this week.
    Forget about Hall, it's all about Bradshaw

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    What did Teddy do so wrong on Saturday? According to the stats, he had 13 possessions at 92% efficiency (highest in the team) and zero clangers.
    I'm not saying he was incredibly, magnificently, fantastic, but I think he did his job well and I'd be stunned if he was dropped.
    The stats are all well and good, but they can be deceptive. I am a Teddy fan, but he did not adjust very well to the pace of the game on Saturday. I would have to re-watch the game to find specifics, but I recall numerous times where he was very slow to react to the situation in front of him and created more pressure for himself and the team as a result.

I hope he stays in the team, but I also hope that he is able to show marked improvement.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Gablett was out till 3 or 4 am in the morning (against rules) at a Logies after party and didn't go watch the team play on the Sunday.
    It doesn't appear that he is playing against Sydney.

hp
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

I heard Ablett was expected to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    The stats are all well and good, but they can be deceptive. I am a Teddy fan, but he did not adjust very well to the pace of the game on Saturday. I would have to re-watch the game to find specifics, but I recall numerous times where he was very slow to react to the situation in front of him and created more pressure for himself and the team as a result.

I hope he stays in the team, but I also hope that he is able to show marked improvement.
    Maybe Ted was a little slower because he hadn't played in the 1sts since Round 1. Compared with someone like Kennelly he certainly seems slower, but doesn't overrun the ball as much. Craig Bolton's not that quick either, but Ted does some lightning passes to good effect. I think he'll be ok if his ankle is healed.

Also, I would like to say a big thankyou to all those who have posted in this thread re who should come in and where to play. Changed my mind several times. Much better understanding as a result, and quietly confident that we have a real chance of winning.

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast