Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Frockers in game discussion

Freo are also a real premiership chance IMO. They are playing premiership footy atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    Freo are also a real premiership chance IMO. They are playing premiership footy atm.
    i thought it was one of their lesser performances for the year they just did enough to beat us. We were 2nd rate
    Theres not much left to say

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    I thought our second half was really promising. We really lifted, and if it weren't for the fact that Bradshaw was on the sidelines and it started raining, we would have got right back in it. Would we have won it? Difficult to tell, probably not, but it would have been a lot closer.
    Yeah - I am not too disheartened. First half was lousy but they clearly kicked themselves in the backside at half-time and the second half showed a definite increase in intensity. If you believe in the mantra that a team starts a game the way it finished the previous one, I think we can get back on track next week.

Main problem seems to be that we're not getting enough from the senior midfield group. Macca was OK in patches but Jude and ROK have definitely dropped off since their multiple hits on the head. Forward line is a bit of a worry, especially with Bradshaw's injury, but I definitely think Goodes should spend more time there. For whatever reason, things aren't quite clicking for him as a forward at the moment (notwithstanding his 4 goals last week - most of them were scored when the game was already over).

I haven't read through the entire thread so can someone enlighten me with details on Kennelly?

Living in 2005
    Well, that was fun....

I thought Pyke was OK, he certainly was reasonably effective when it came to nullifying the tap domiance, and it generally was a 50/50 for the midfield, but watching him around the ground can be frustrating and his decision making. Jetta frustrated me so much, he did a couple of exciting things, but he can be so lazy off the ball and his skills are up and down.

Gary Rohan is starting to excite me, can't wait to see him in full flight on a dry track when we are playing better. Quick and pretty smart. LRT, everyone that sits near me bags the crap out of me, but geez we would miss him.

Thank god Freo missed so many early opportunities, we were at real risk of a huge qtr margin.

Can't be bothered thinking about anyone else, the tactics, the outs, the ins or the injuries. Season 2010 is close to on the line next week, we need to find something in that game to get back some confidence and resolve. I fear though, we will play the Hawks back into form.....

Quote Originally Posted by swansrule100 View Post
    i thought it was one of their lesser performances for the year they just did enough to beat us. We were 2nd rate
    If you go over our 22 players today there were more good players than bad players IMO. Fremantle's pressure and accountability was outstanding today.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Gary Rohan is starting to excite me, can't wait to see him in full flight on a dry track when we are playing better. Quick and pretty smart. LRT, everyone that sits near me bags the crap out of me, but geez we would miss him.
    I completely agree, I think he's going to be a match winner. For a guy with a light frame he knew twice in the space of a few minutes that he was about to be hit when kicking the ball and both times he didn't care and just focused on the kicking motion- that takes a lot of guts when you've only played a handful of games. There was also a goal to Kieran Jack that came from a Freo turnover, that turnover was caused by Rohan not giving up on a passage of play and chasing down a Docker that spilled a hurried handball... completely instinctive stuff... very exciting young player.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    If you go over our 22 players today there were more good players than bad players IMO. Fremantle's pressure and accountability was outstanding today.
    really i just thought some of their players were down, pav was shut down in the 2nd half, barlow was quiet and so was sandilands. They had a few out, they can play a lot better. If they kicked straighter would of been a flogging. I just thought they had a lot more upside than us left out there and as you say we had more good than bad players and still got done easily.
    Theres not much left to say

We def. didn't play our best (to be kind) - but really, the umpiring. Jeez. I wonder if Roos just needs to knuckle under and deliver the bags of unmarked bills to the umps' secret address in Mordor so we have a chance to play against just one team on the field the rest of the season, as opposed to team x AND the umps.

I thought - after a grumbling start (on my part) that Bevan did better as the game went on. And I love Jetta, but it seems to be - he gets the ball, is very flashy and we all go "ooh" ... and then he kicks it directly to an opposing player, or nowhere in particular, or something. Yes, he has immense promise, but I'm starting to worry about getting him up to that next elite level where we all can see he belongs.

I thought Rohan did really REALLY well, throwing himself into everything and charging full steam ahead etc etc.

Watching Braddie limp off, sit talking on the bench whilst gesturing at his knee, and then waddling around rainsoaked in a red robe, was v.v. worrisome. That made my spirits sink for sure.

If this was a "must win" game, I fret about the rest of the season. I'm going down to Melbourne next week for my first pilgrimage to the MCG! If we struggle against the Hawks, I'm gonna need prozac.

Second week in a row where I have wanted to commit umpirocide (if thats a word) It will be in the Oxford dictionary (and I'll be in the news....and then jail) if the same thing happens next week.

Look on the playing group. Injuries could well bury us into bottom 8 relegation the way things are going. The upside of that is we are probably going to see the kids (Vesz, MOD, Currie TDL) that everyone has been asking for for several weeks. Mumford will be a big in next week for us, and I reckon Canuck has learnt more about the game in the last fortnight than most imports do in a season. So he will improve a lot. Looks like a very fit man, hasnt yet realised that you have to tap, tackle then RUN, but that will come.

On today couple of things:
    Jack is rapidly working towards A grader, his clangers are drying up and his decision making is improving all the time. A goal kicking midfielder with class. I also think Rohan is destined to be anything, he looks fantastic. Hannes is there - very good, doesnt look the boy anymore. Im starting to get he and ROK mixed up so that says something.

Eski was very good today. Missed his #17 mate and tried to do the work for both. Shaw looked like a hack today, to busy looking for attitude than doing the things a "senior" (self-proclaimed last week) player should do. LRT, you cant bag him this year, we would be stuffed without him - he is pretty solid every week atm. Grundy got Pavliched early... thats a hard gig, the man is gifted.

Goodes was just punishing today, he gets a rough ride these days from the umps (so much for protected species) but he also tries to do everything when the structure is falling apart, which contributes more to the structure falling apart....

The guts just dont look right, but I think we arent far away from a good combination in there. Smith, Hannes with Macca, Jude and Kirky...those blokes need to sort it out with a fit Pebbles and get things rolling.

Outs for me other than the injuries to Bradshaw and Kennelly; Bevan = hack heading for delist (sad when your best is moderate and its now gone) Playfair = slow tall, can kick a goal if the angle is favourable.

Bring on Clarkos ex-cluster of sewerage!!!!
    "We talked five times. I called him twice, and he called me twice."

Eddie McGuire

Completely forgot about teh game today
    Kinda glad now having read this thread
    Guess that's what happens when your teams game is inaccessible to you day in day out....
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Regular in the Side
    well there is one positive albeit a very far reaching one...the last time the dockers beat us at the SCG we made the GF....i did say it was long reaching....

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Completely forgot about teh game today
    Kinda glad now having read this thread
    Guess that's what happens when your teams game is inaccessible to you day in day out....
    This is becoming very frustrating for non vic fans in Melbourne. The boiling point was when the geelong V Swans was not shown..instead we got 3 men and a baby. I expect that in Sydney but not footy mad victoria! But i am forced to watch richmond or the bummers play each week, no matter how crap they are.

This block of tv rights has been nothing short of disgracefull.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast