Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kids shine through

He's a gem isn't he Scott. I was v ery pleased with the kids today. Didn't think Cambo disgraced himself. I do worry about Jetta tho. Gets the ball, and stuffs the disposal.....thoughts?

Have to add Smith to the mix....he is a relief to me to have on the team.
    Last edited by Primmy; 23rd May 2010 at 10:49 AM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Hannebury, Rohan, Smith, Jack, Heath, Kennedy, Jetta, all looked good at times today. Just need some KP players to go with them. Bright spot on a gloomy day.

The only highlight on a very ordinary day. Rohan and Jetta proved to me today that they are genuine AFL footballers.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    He's a gem isn't he Scott. I was v ery pleased with the kids today. Didn't think Cambo disgraced himself. I do worry about Jetta tho. Gets the ball, and stuffs the disposal.....thoughts?
    Yep, Heath did a few good things, could've capped his debut off with a nice goal, but, wasn't to be.

Very happy with the young players tonight, they showed up many of our far more experienced players. jetta imo just needs to get that elusive goal- just watch him go when it finally happens. Rohan was very good today- I really like what I see from him. Hanners has been close to our most consistent player all year, and he continues to show that he is a classy player in the making.

The two others I am stoked about are the not quite so young- Jack and Smith. Jack we always have known has had the quality to be a good player, but imo he has taken another step up this year. Nick Smith has been fantastic the last three weeks and is quickly establishing his place in the team.

I really like what these young players are offering us already, can't wait till they have some more experience under their belt, espeically Mr Rohan and Mr Jetta.

I thought Kennedy was good towards the end of the game again. At one stage late in the game there were Kennedy Jack Hanners and Smith in the Midfield and it had a real nice look about it

I was really impressed by Rohan. He's proving that he's not afraid of contested ball and is looking to win his own. Showed some nice skills today too. My girlfriend thought he was close to Swans BOG. He's so quick at at the ball.

Smith has surely cemented his place in the team. Another great outing.

" At one stage late in the game there were Kennedy Jack Hanners and Smith in the Midfield and it had a real nice look about it ".

Bird will also have a place hopefully soon in the 22.

What comments from people at the game on how Kirk and Bolton are being used - midfield together?; only one on ground at a time?; Bolton forward most of the time? I wonder whether their time is nearer than we would like to think.

Rohan and Jetta

Both were fantastic yesterday and were standouts in trying to get us back into the game in the 2nd half.

I was particularly impressed with Rohan's 2nd and 3rd efforts and his ability to keep his feet even when being confronted by more physically abled opposition.

Keep it up lads!
    Swannies for life!

I agree Matt. Like many here I was also starting to think that Jetta may need a spell in the 2's, but not on that blistering performance yesterday. Rohan looks like a future champion in the making.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Blog Entries
    Rohan was outstanding for a 3rd gamer.

they were fantastic to watch. was sitting in the ladies stand when rohan absolutely bolted off the ground, he is quick!!!

but seriously is jetta setting a record for how many behinds someone has scored before their first goal in afl??? hahaha poor kid.

jetta finally played in the right position. I just feel that first goal will be the start of something special for him, someone give him a handball over the top into the goal square early next week please.
    Theres not much left to say

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast