Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just another St Kilda sex scandal.

I am glad that the issue is not one that the AFL or the police need to get involved in, but it is a bit sad nonetheless.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    I am glad that the issue is not one that the AFL or the police need to get involved in, but it is a bit sad nonetheless.
    Too right. You wouldn't like to be any of these kids parents and the AFL must be wondering how to improve their education on making smart decisions.

Blog Entries
    What is wrong with these young girls?
    Is slepping with AFL players going to make them celebs?

To me, she has tart written all over her, and I haven't even seen her or heard her speak.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We don't know anything about her situation, Scotty. Sure, she's taken after football players but she's clearly a starry eyed, confused 16 year old. 16 year olds do pretty dumb things, just as young men at football clubs do pretty dumb things.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    We don't know anything about her situation, Scotty. Sure, she's taken after football players but she's clearly a starry eyed, confused 16 year old. 16 year olds do pretty dumb things, just as young men at football clubs do pretty dumb things.
    Bingo Stell, hit the nail on the head.

When I was 16 I did not meet one dumb 16 year old girl, not a bloody one.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    When I was 16 I did not meet one dumb 16 year old girl, not a bloody one.
    and it seems that you are still a bit filthy about it too!!!
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Living in 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    What is wrong with these young girls?
    Is slepping with AFL players going to make them celebs?

To me, she has tart written all over her, and I haven't even seen her or heard her speak.
    This this only became public because she had to explain her situation to her principal who reported it because they had been at her school.

However, she hasn't sold her story, doesn't want her name released and backed the St Kilda players story (i.e her lying about her age, occupation and not exchanging numbers until after Round 1 and not at the school)

Things might change, but I get the feeling this was just a silly mistake by a young girl (and boy(s)). In any case, she is 17 according to the reports today, as long as they didn't go after her at school, I am all good with the whole thing. Just sad that a teenage girl is pregnant.

I found out the names today lol no wonder the media don't care anymore, they are nobodies. Knew there had to be good reasons for News Limited to fly the moral flag...

Blog Entries
    As owner operator of 2 of these, I'd be horrified if they got themselves into that situation.
    One is pretty infatuated with boys, as in Fumbly Jolly (I think that one ended after trade week.), Zac, Rob Pat etc. However,
    Ie starry eyed. But she's not about to jump in the cot with any of them. We have instilled some pretty good moral values into our kids, and trust them implicitly yo make the right decisions.
    But I understand these things "happen".

It's just a disgrace that it is such big news. Imagine if this happened every time a school girl fell pregnant. We give up reading the paper.

Thanks for clarifying some points there Damien.

PS: @ Big Al, ditto

Gee I remember when I was young that if a girl fell pregnant at school - you saw her one day and she was gone the next - and you never knew until you ran into her about 5 years later and she had a kiddie in tow!

The thing is that as far as things that can go wrong with kids these days - falling pregnant, whilst in our day was top of the list of big no no's, now seems to be perfectly acceptable and in some instances preferable to some parents. Their reasoning, "oh well at least they aren't doing drugs or commiting crimes" which when you think about it - I guess it is..

Scott - you and the missus are doing a great job with your girls without instilling absolute fear and loathing, they know that you offer love, support and trust in their choices (however, your girls are extremely bright - so that helps 1000 fold). - I reckon it would have to be the thoughest job in the world.
    My sister's girls are a testament to she and her husband being completely open & honest with them - they were also into sport as from the ages of about 11 they were elite gymnasts - the disipline needed to compete at international level kept them out of trouble until they were 18! Of course that all comes undone once they stop training and their parents send them on the European Gap year Contiki trip - then all bets were off! But both girls have married well and are having babys of their own now.

Pity their aunty wasnt so sensible with her choices during her teenage years - but hey you live and learn!

16 year old boys these days are so different to the 16 yearold boys of 1980 - They are just so out there and confident now that its frightening!
    Last edited by Wardy; 27th May 2010 at 02:47 PM.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    That's going to happen when you visit schools in the Collingwood area.

Her parents must be so proud.
    Nah, they'd be mad she took it outside the family

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    16 year old boys these days are so different to the 16 yearold boys of 1980 - They are just so out there and confident now that its frightening!
    The other day my wife was asked by a 16 year old boy if she could buy him a packet of cigs. She laughed and told him no. Anyway straight away the boy asked for her number and told her that he is known to be the size of an elephant and they should hook up! She was shocked and almost slapped the kid but kept walking.

Now when i was 16 no less than 20 years ago i would not have the courage to go up to a girl for a chat let alone ask them to have sex because i have a big man hood..i mean where has all this massive confidence come from???

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast