Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Essendon (official teams named)

Buddy offered 1 week for the hit on Mattner

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    It would not have been Heath for TDL though, as they would have been playing at opposite ends of the ground. I was not too disappointed with his efforts yesterday. We needed options for Hawthorn's forwards and he did a few good things down back - and there was a lot of pressure there. He showed more this week than he did the week before.
    True, those two are at different ends, but looking to next week I think Rohan would have been penciled in this week to play across half forward but did a better job than Campbell as the young mid sized defender.

That said, I'd rather Vespa in and Heath out before TDL in and Heath out- the problem to me on the weekend was getting the ball to the forward line more than doing something once the ball got there.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    True, those two are at different ends, but looking to next week I think Rohan would have been penciled in this week to play across half forward but did a better job than Campbell as the young mid sized defender.

That said, I'd rather Vespa in and Heath out before TDL in and Heath out- the problem to me on the weekend was getting the ball to the forward line more than doing something once the ball got there.
    Didn't Ves cop a knock & TDL did he kick a goal?

Confidence up despite loss to Hawks: Roos - AFL.com.au

looks like bird will come into the side if he gets through the week ok.

So maybe Bird for Heath with Rohan playing back

That's true. The problem is that our midfield group is still down, or at least not initiating enough attacking movement themselves. We can compensate to some extent by filling the team with running half backs, but the problem will be against quality forwards when the ball comes down quick and fast. Rohan was good, but I am not sure that I want to see him down there too often.

Perhaps if Bird was to come back in (as an inclusion to our midfield) then maybe MOD rather than Heath will be forced out.

Quote Originally Posted by sWAns63 View Post
    So maybe Bird for Heath with Rohan playing back
    Please play the Rooster forward! That's where he made his name in the TAC Cup. We need a crumbing forward and he's shown that by kicking some handy goals against some tough teams in his first 3 games. He defensive pressure is super too. We let Hawthorn walk out of their defensive line.

Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    Please play the Rooster forward! That's where he made his name in the TAC Cup. We need a crumbing forward and he's shown that by kicking some handy goals against some tough teams in his first 3 games. He defensive pressure is super too. We let Hawthorn walk out of their defensive line.
    He showed against the hawks his marking overhead is very strong, which is handy both forward and back. I think he'll play different spots from week to week depending on where we need him. To see his attack on the ball, and his 2nd, 3rd efforts it's hard to believe he's only played four games

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Dustin Fletcher offered one week by the MRP
    WOW. That makes a huge difference to our prospects next week. I don't normally get overjoyed over players out from the opposition but I will take anything we can this week, given the importance of who we're still missing.

Didn't even realise Fletcher was up for a potential suspension.

Not surprised about the Buddy one. Don't think it should be a suspension but thought it probably would be.

Against Freo we had the opposite problem. We got it into our forward line more than they did but it was dysfunctional. Yesterday we were incredibly efficient - maybe because White was back? - and also because the Hawks' defence is not their strong point. Young teams are just erratic, so this week it could be a different problem

I'd love to see Vez be given a go, too. He, Jetta and Rohan on the park together ought to get the turnstiles clicking.

Assume Bird is bound to come in if he's deemed match fit - presumably for MOD?
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

I would be shocked if Bird came in after just one run in the reserves.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    I would be shocked if Bird came in after just one run in the reserves.
    Roos has said he's a good chance, which you'd expect means he will.

I reckon he might come in for Heath. MOD can play half-back, and he deserves more than one game to show his stuff, and everybody else is fairly safe at the moment. I'm impressed with Heath, and I wouldn't be opposed to him keeping his spot, but if somebody has to make way, it should be him. He's had his two senior games, he has got a taste, he's ultimately not best 22 material, but he will be. A bit more time in the ressies won't hurt him now.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast