Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One on one with the Sydney Swans Cheer Squad Manager

One on one with the Sydney Swans Cheer Squad Manager

The big tip has a good chat with Catherine Marney and boy does she love the club, bless her - One on one with the Sydney Swans Cheer Squad Manager

[QUOTE]We then saw the Swans players receive their medals and hold aloft the AFL's holy grail - the Premiership Cup. The boys then did a lap of honour when Barry Hall ran over to our Squad, and just two seats across from me, jumped up on the fence and held up the Premiership Cup. We were all hysterical and it was a moment we will truly treasure and never forget
    Last edited by torpedo punt; 21st July 2010 at 12:04 AM.

Opti-pessi-misti
    Thanks for that. I haven't much experience of Cheer Squads, just see the banners on TV. Very interesting read.

Yeah i thought it was a insiteful interview behind the scenes

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    They do a great job, and a big thank you to all of them. The long "Syyydneeey" chant on Sunday was the icing on the cake.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Good on you Catherine, it's a terrific interview. You do a magnificent job.
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

The restaurant at the end of the universe
    Slightly off topic, but if you purchase general admission tickets for the SCG can you sit next to or very near the cheer squad? I'm about to make my first trip back to Oz in 2 years and am keen to take my daughter (she's 7) to the bulldogs game in RD 21. We would always sit next to the cheer squad at melbourne games when we were living there and she always enjoyed the atmosphere and being close to the play. If anyone can offer any advice I'd be very grateful.
    We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty.

Quote Originally Posted by elroy67 View Post
    Slightly off topic, but if you purchase general admission tickets for the SCG can you sit next to or very near the cheer squad? I'm about to make my first trip back to Oz in 2 years and am keen to take my daughter (she's 7) to the bulldogs game in RD 21. We would always sit next to the cheer squad at melbourne games when we were living there and she always enjoyed the atmosphere and being close to the play. If anyone can offer any advice I'd be very grateful.
    Hi,

Unfortunately the SCG does not have a GA seating section.

If you call Ticketek on 132 849 and ask to be seated in Bay 18 (or Bay 17 if that's full) you will be close to the cheersquad. This area is Bronze seating so its the cheapest seats in the house you can get.

Any problems feel free to give us a call in Member Services on 9339 9130 10am-4pm Mon-Fri.

Cheer cheer

Larissa

Quote Originally Posted by elroy67 View Post
    I have just been talking to Cathy - Cheer Squad Manager, Cathy said to tell you: "they are welcome 2 sit with us in Bay 18 -
    Cheer Squad - purchase GA tickets into the Trumper Stand - Cheer Squad Bay is alcohol free - and come and say Hi when you get there"

Cathy sits in the front row of Cheer Squad, on the end seat.

On the Rookie List
    Love the work of the cheer squad. Love the flags and banners on display. I am looking foward to a canadian flag (which has the right colours) being waved alongside the irish one
    There is no spoon

Quote Originally Posted by premiers05 View Post
    I am looking foward to a canadian flag (which has the right colours) being waved alongside the irish one
    Yep, almost overdue now.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Great interview. As a cheer squad member myself I can vouch for just how passionate Catherine is. I always feel a sense of pride and satisfaction myself when the banner goes up knowing I've played a small part in getting it made and raising it high. And I love the camaraderie among the group. If you want to know where I sit just look for the Irish flag. I'm generally on the immediate left of it.
    Last edited by BigD; 22nd July 2010 at 10:03 PM.
    Red & White forever.

I've often thought about checking out/joining the Cheer Squad. Dunno about that 'Cheer Squad Bay is alcohol free' bit though! The horror. The horror!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast