Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Round 18: Geelong pre-game discussion (With Teams)

Living in 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    On last week's performance there are 15 players that should be out. Can you list even four players that should come in to give us a better chance against the Cats?
    Not sure you read what I wrote. My comment isn't calling for changes, it simply suggests that a) sometimes (especially when things are going badly) you just have to shake it up and play for example a Sam Reid b) It's a worry that our depth is so bad that we can't make any changes after a thrashing.

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    It's nice to have a stable line up this late in the season, a sign you're doing well!
    LOL... Stella you are a gem....

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Not sure you read what I wrote. My comment isn't calling for changes, it simply suggests that a) sometimes (especially when things are going badly) you just have to shake it up and play for example a Sam Reid b) It's a worry that our depth is so bad that we can't make any changes after a thrashing.
    Bear in mind that much of our depth is already in the team. We're already without Bolton, Seaby, Bird, LRT, Smith and Bradshaw who, if fit, would all be in our best 22. (Only Bird, out of that group, is on the cusp of being in our best 22.) Add onto that the fact that 4 of our juniors who do have a little senior experience (Rohan, Heath, MOD and Thornton) are either injured or only just coming back from injury. So it is really not that bad an indictment on our depth.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Bear in mind that much of our depth is already in the team. We're already without Bolton, Seaby, Bird, LRT, Smith and Bradshaw who, if fit, would all be in our best 22. (Only Bird, out of that group, is on the cusp of being in our best 22.) Add onto that the fact that 4 of our juniors who do have a little senior experience (Rohan, Heath, MOD and Thornton) are either injured or only just coming back from injury. So it is really not that bad an indictment on our depth.
    TDL for Moore on the large ground would seem the most obvious we need another goal scorer, give TDL as much game time as possible. McVeigh for Ves, McVeigh isnt 100% and is badly out of form why not rest him for this one?

Cheers

Waz

Roos focused on Swans? future - AFL.com.au

Swans midfielder Ryan O?Keefe?s assessment was even more blunt than that of his coach.

?It?s pretty simple. We can?t play any worse than we did last weekend,? he said

Let's hope so!

Anything less than a 60 point loss is a victory. Anything more and you won't have to watch a replay.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    Being very hard on yourself, I'd say 8 to 9 goals would warrant it.
    It would probably be 8 or 9 goals before they find a suitable bench... lol
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Meredith should have been at Dancing With The Stars last week,not the MCG.He had a shocker!

Quote Originally Posted by smasher View Post
    Meredith should have been at Dancing With The Stars last week,not the MCG.He had a shocker!
    : )

I actually like this move by Roos. Its like he's saying to the playing group...."you guys are the ones who put in that shocking performance last week, I'll leave it to the SAME bunch of guys to get us out of it".

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    It's nice to have a stable line up this late in the season, a sign you're doing well!
    Hello Gerard Healy

A tough week at the selectors table - I would not want the job of the coaches.

I'm looking forward to seeing a better effort and commitment on Saturday. As ROK said, can't get any worse.
    Last edited by Lucky Knickers; 30th July 2010 at 10:26 AM.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    [Anything less than a 60 point loss is a victory. Anything more and you won't have to watch a replay.
    You watch replays of losses?

Suspended by the MRP

Hoss

If we cop another pantsing - can we blame Hoss Longmire?
    Last edited by Dalai Lama; 30th July 2010 at 10:44 AM.