Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lap of Acknowledgement for Members

Lap of Acknowledgement for Members

I went to the member event on Saturday (lucky 14...), and although a controversial day for all the reasons discussed in another thread, it got me thinking about what sort of event I would like to go to.

How about - assemble for a quick verbal tummy rub from the club admin at a function, then a lap around the ground at the first Sydney home game and the first Melbourne game each year. Come out between the ressies and seniors, do a lap, then have plenty of time to get to our seats and let the normal warm-ups etc take place.

And to qualify you would need to be a member of 14+ years OR a first year member (welcome to the Swans!), and maybe 5 and 10 years members?

I know it would be a logistical undertaking, and there'd be plenty of naysayers (like the SCG trust), but why not? How hard could it really be? We already have kick to kick (sometimes), and they can get us into the ground already, so what's to stop it?

I know I'd like it... any thoughts? Over to you Larissa!

Quote Originally Posted by mariachi View Post
    I went to the member event on Saturday (lucky 14...), and although a controversial day for all the reasons discussed in another thread, it got me thinking about what sort of event I would like to go to.

How about - assemble for a quick verbal tummy rub from the club admin at a function, then a lap around the ground at the first Sydney home game and the first Melbourne game each year. Come out between the ressies and seniors, do a lap, then have plenty of time to get to our seats and let the normal warm-ups etc take place.

And to qualify you would need to be a member of 14+ years OR a first year member (welcome to the Swans!), and maybe 5 and 10 years members?

I know it would be a logistical undertaking, and there'd be plenty of naysayers (like the SCG trust), but why not? How hard could it really be? We already have kick to kick (sometimes), and they can get us into the ground already, so what's to stop it?

I know I'd like it... any thoughts? Over to you Larissa!
    Hi Mariachi,

Glad you were able to come out to our recognition event on Saturday, i hope you enjoyed it. The game was certainly more than we could have hoped for!

Unfortunately on match days we only have a 12 min window for club related activities before the game. To have over 5,000 members (we have approx. 1,500 14 year members, 3000 5 year members and 500 10 year members) perform a lap around the ground unfortunately just isnt possible.

On Saturday members reaching their 25 year milestone performed a guard of honour for the team as they ran on the field, which was a great success.

Thanks dor your suggestions, if you have any other ideas feel free to shoot them through to me.

Cheer cheer

Larissa

We could do a conga line!!

Thanks for the function on Saturday Larissa ... unfortunately, I had to leave early as the ressies needed heaps of my "special" encouragement. I lost my voice before the seniors started.

I think Saturday was my best day at the footy .... EVER.

(I so wanted to run the ground after Jets' goal, but that's hard to do from four stories up!!)
    Last edited by AnnieH; 9th August 2010 at 11:37 AM.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by mariachi View Post

How about - assemble for a quick verbal tummy rub from the club admin at a function,
    I'd vote for a non-verbal tummy rub.
    Last edited by Big Al; 9th August 2010 at 11:54 AM.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

It's a long walk round the ground. I suggest a motorcade around the ground and in that way you won't get hot and sweaty before the game. Group a few members in each car, have their names on the side so they can be deservedly identified by the public. Then have 1st year members scatter rose petals in front of each car.

This is going so well lets cancel the game and just do multiple laps of recognition.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Here's a thought. Perhaps we could get whatsisname Lloyd out onto the ground so we can boo him. !! That would be fun. Any comentator who thinks that Sydney members, who have been coming to the game for 14 years, 20 years, 25 years, etc, and still don't know the rules yet is pathetic. What an ignorant git. Can't we get him into the centre square and take it from there. Or perhaps have him do a camera piece to apologise to the Sydney Swans supporters. Something.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Here's a thought. Perhaps we could get whatsisname Lloyd out onto the ground so we can boo him. !! That would be fun. Any comentator who thinks that Sydney members, who have been coming to the game for 14 years, 20 years, 25 years, etc, and still don't know the rules yet is pathetic. What an ignorant git. Can't we get him into the centre square and take it from there. Or perhaps have him do a camera piece to apologise to the Sydney Swans supporters. Something.
    I heard him make some comment about Sydney and rules, WTF?
    This guy is seriously an idiot.

His comments I've heard over the last month in various games shows a clear lack of comprehension for what he is watching, and what the rest of us are watching.
    He needs a bib to wipe the brown stuff off his chin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    It's a long walk round the ground. I suggest a motorcade around the ground and in that way you won't get hot and sweaty before the game. Group a few members in each car, have their names on the side so they can be deservedly identified by the public. Then have 1st year members scatter rose petals in front of each car.

This is going so well lets cancel the game and just do multiple laps of recognition.
    We could do it in two groups. The first group could recognise the second group then swap over do it all again. If it was all one group there would be no one left in the crowd to recognise them. I like the rose petals idea too.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Swap the cars for rickshaws pulled by players and you've got a deal!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Then have 1st year members scatter rose petals in front of each car.
    I'm crying with laughter Bas.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Bags me O'Keef to pull my rickshaw. Girls will know why.

RedandWhite rose petals I assume?
    Last edited by Primmy; 9th August 2010 at 03:13 PM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Bags me O'Keef to pull my rickshaw. Girls will know why.

RedandWhite rose petals I assume?
    Bags sharing your rickshaw Primmy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast