Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: R22, AFL 2010 Lions V Swans: Our chances against the Lions

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    Swans desperate to sew up 5th spot and on fire.
    Come Saturday afternoon post the Hawthorn v Collingwood game we may just want to play for 6th if Hawthorn has lost to Collingwood.

As a club our preferred option would be to play Fremantle, Carlton and Hawthorn at home in that order.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

On the Rookie List
    We will be favourites for this game which is always a worry. I think the last three games we were the bookies underdogs and we love being in that position. This does loom as a danger game but our form against the Lions has been pretty good. On paper we win but results this year for all teams have not always gone according to plan. The only certain four points are from the game you've just won!! The one good thing is that it's not a desperate must win game to make finals and, if two other games go our way our result won't matter for the home final. Still, better to win and control our destiny and maintain amazing momentum.
    Run2Live,Live2Run

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Swans will win this game on pure leg speed. Voss has his distractions wondering what Fev was up to at 7.30am in some nightclub.

hp
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    Come Saturday afternoon post the Hawthorn v Collingwood game we may just want to play for 6th if Hawthorn has lost to Collingwood.

As a club our preferred option would be to play Fremantle, Carlton and Hawthorn at home in that order.

DST
    As a fan my preferred option would be to avoid Collingwood but I know the club I support won't "play" for 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    I just don't see the sense in playing White in the ruck. Leave him at FF where everybody loves him and play Currie or Reid for one game as back up ruck....you know it makes sense !!
    It's a tough one but you know, if we let Jesse do the job it makes it easier for us to bring ROK and Moore in without having to sacrifice someone else. Pyke did an admirable job with a sick Mummy on Saturday. I'll back Roos on this one. I think for the most part Jesse will stay forward and ruck at the throw ins further up the ground, so hopefully he will still be knocking them over at contests with TDL at his feet.

Pyke did an exceptional job when Mummy went down. I think he's capable of going up against Clark and Luenberger without getting absolutely smashed, White can do short spells in the ruck but stay mainly up forward. It'll be interesting to see if LRT gets the nod as he can ruck ( done well in the past) but some reports have indicated that he's due back for the first week of the finals.
    My Man Mumford!

Brisvegas will be playing for mad monday.

Roosey could rest Goodesy, Hanners, Kirk and Son of Garry; and we'd still win.
    Last edited by AnnieH; 24th August 2010 at 10:34 AM.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Has danger game written all over it
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

I think playing White in the ruck is close to suicide...but then, might I suggest that winning this game won't be the criteria? Assuming the word is Mummy will be back for the finals then Roosey would think it more valuable to get games into players who will def play finas (ROK, Moore) then giving Currie a run and leaving White at FF...which would give more chance of winning this game.

We lost EVERY game did we not when we didn't have Bradshaw or white up forward. If we go into a game with A.Goodes as our only tall forward...then GHU!

Yes we've played Teddy forward (not much good) Playfair (retired) and that's it for tall forwards....besdies with No LRT or Bolton Teddy HAS to play back anyway.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    play Currie or Reid for one game as back up ruck....you know it makes sense !!
    Not in the slightest

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    You can't read into Brisbanes form against Essendon who are currently woeful, only the Eagles are worse.

J Brown is also unlikely to be anywhere near fit (if he plays) coming off a 6 day break considering that he was played this week to get his 200th game.

Our biggest issue this week is the inevitable let down after such a massive emotional game last week.

DST
    I'm hoping to hear the announcement that he's put his cue in the rack for 2010 and is off to get some surgery.

No doubt this is more of a danger game than our respective ladder positions would suggest.

On the Rookie List
    Its a game as tough as any and I think that the Swans will have to wrestle control of the game in the first half.

If the Lions start to feel it slipping then there is a chance we might be able to get right on top to a comfortable victory in the 2nd half. It's hard to imagine the likes of some of their younger brigade putting in for 4 quarters in Round 22. Also Selwood is out with a terrible injury so more shuffling of the decks.

That's my hope in any case.
    The Pain of Discipline is Nothing Like The Pain of Disappointment

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast