Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2005 Footy flashback - Willo talking about Davo the Cats killer

2005 Footy flashback - Willo talking about Davo the Cats killer

From Real Footy here

Worth watching for Willo's perspective (find out why he hated Davo at the start of the game) and for the memories.

Andy

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for posting that. Great to hear Willo talk about it.
    Brings all those amazing memories flooding back in a rush. That genius banner in the crowd.
    LOVE DAVO!

Just one of those games. Kid behind me yelling out at one stage "NOT happy Swans!!!!".

Much happier 2 quarters later. Me too.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Always amazed by that. Even watching the highlights outside the ground on Sunday, the hair stood up on the back of the neck.

Probably the most important individual quarter of footy in Swans history.
    Last edited by Plugger46; 8th September 2010 at 10:43 PM.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

I think 2005 will forever be my favourite year. The buzz and comradery between swans fans after that last goal was out of this world.

On the Rookie List
    It was great re-living those goals. It was an amazing night to be there. I wasn't there in 96 when we beat Essendon but I imagine the 05 semi would be on a par with the 96 prelim for crowd reaction at fulltime.
    I also think that the loss might have been the making of the current Geelong side....three grand finals, two flags and still alive this year.
    Run2Live,Live2Run

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    No matter how many times I see it, it remains a spine-tingling awe-inspiring quarter of football. Watching at home we went from the depth of despair to the height of sheer exultation. It made Davo a genuine legend of the game and I can't imagine a future when people won't be talking of it.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

It's 5 years ago today....

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Quote Originally Posted by GoSouth33 View Post
    I also think that the loss might have been the making of the current Geelong side....three grand finals, two flags and still alive this year.
    Maybe, they were woeful the year after though. Flag favourites after winning the NAB cup from memory and didn't make the finals.

Just wish I'd been there. After that, I said to myself that I'd never miss a final again.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Maybe, they were woeful the year after though. Flag favourites after winning the NAB cup from memory and didn't make the finals.

Just wish I'd been there. After that, I said to myself that I'd never miss a final again.
    I wish I had of been there as well. I remember vividly that night though- I was playing in the orchestra for a musical at home in Bathurst, and got home to my parents from it all just before 3/4 time. Dad had been watching a bit of it and said the Swans were playing like @@@@@@ and had turned it on. I put it on and though 'ah well' may as well watch the last rites of our season. From there well it was one of the most sensational individual performances you would ever want to see. He might have been a lazy, KFC loving player, but by gee Davis turned it on that night. i still get the tingles down the spine when I see the highlights.

On the Rookie List
    I see it but I don't believe it! I ask myself ,what have I ever seen better than that on a Football field? The more I watch it,you see the Geelong defence was good but Davo was just better ,he pushed off them,he was faster with decision making and his ball judgment was superb.One of the best individual performances of all time.

On the Rookie List
    Yeah unbelievable stuff, the football gods were on our side that year thats for sure...I think there were just 3 seconds left when he kicked that, I had a friend who was lucky enough to be at the game and he was sitting at the end where davis kicked the goal and he said he has never heard a crowd roar like that at a game of footy, wish I had of been there aswell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast