Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Yes it hurts tonight....but thank you Swannies for a great season!

I have crazy thoughts that haven't settled. Part of me thinks we should have won and be playing a prelim next week. Part of me thinks we shouldn't have made the finals and have done well.

But the overwhelming part of me just feels the hope for the future. I hope we have got what I think we have because there is a core group that is going to be a force for the next 5-6 years. There are the ones we've seen in the seniors but add a few who are running around in the ressies and our future looks good for next year and its into the next decade.

The other thoughts are for Kirky and Roosy champions of our club and though there presence may be different I'm pretty sure some stuff these guys have started will live for a while yet

ROLLLLLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Glenn's Avatar
    Definitly mixed emotions tonight, proud of the team for exceeding most pre season expectations, but being in a position where they were looking at a Prelim Final.
    On the positive the new talent coming through points to a bright 2011.
    Premiers 09,18,33,05

"You Irish Twit", Quote attributed to a RWO member who shall remain nameless.

Part of the pain is realising how long it's going to be before we get to watch Swans play again.

The horror. The horror.
    -

On the Rookie List
    It's all about the big picture. The 2010 Swans remind me a lot of the 2005 Cats. They were a young talented up and coming team who lost in a heartbreaker against us, and two years later they were champions. I think that can be us. In 2011 we should aim for the top 4 and a prelim final at least. 2 years from now we could be entering into another golden age.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPresident View Post
    It's all about the big picture. The 2010 Swans remind me a lot of the 2005 Cats. They were a young talented up and coming team who lost in a heartbreaker against us, and two years later they were champions. I think that can be us. In 2011 we should aim for the top 4 and a prelim final at least. 2 years from now we could be entering into another golden age.
    The Cats had an awful 2006.

Warming the Bench
    Just got home from the game, guttered in one respect proud of the way the club proved a to a lot knockers that we were done and on a downward spiral and of course sad that a great era in the clubs history as gone. All i can say is greeting Coach Longmire

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Just saw that on Wikipedia, well that's where the metaphor dies because we're going to be much better in 2011 than they were in 2006, but the rest of it is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Just saw that on Wikipedia, well that's where the metaphor dies because we're going to be much better in 2011 than they were in 2006, but the rest of it is right.
    I'll gladly settle for a 2011 like the Cats 2006 if we can have a 2012-2015 like the Cats 2007-2010!!!

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

On the Rookie List
    Great Year which exceeded my expectations. We were never going to win a flag this year and an injury torn Dogs could still beat us when it mattered.Had we made the GF against Geelong it would have been ugly. 2010 was a rebuilding year. After a fairly conservative team selection at first,along came the injuries and we tried nearly all the youngsters even Reid . What a revelation this was. We have good young players and potential future stars in Rohan,Jetta, TDL, Meredith,Reid, and eventually we may see Vesap ,MOD and LJ who also have great potential. Our recruits were fantastic! Mumford,Kennedy,McGlynne,Bradshaw and Pyke then our young players like Jack ,Reg and even Moore improved. Bevan and Richards came good. For Kirky it was time but he still contributed. Goodsey had his moments as did McVeigh, and the injured ROK (who should not have been played)

great year swannies. Shattered after last night, but if we had won I think we may have been a sitting duck in the prelim. With Mummy, ROK, Bradshaw all lame, Jack got crunched and had little effect after that. Goodes had issues with his hands and winced a few times when they got hit. Mcveigh I think has also been carry injuries. We would have been ripe for the picking. This way a 5 point loss in a game we should have won will leave a big what if in the minds of the players and should be enough to motivate them for a very hard preseason.

Veterans List
    I'm still gutted by the loss after running all ver them in the second quarter, except for the final bloody minute that gave them 1/2 time momentum!

But through the pain of a loss of that style, I'd like to thank the players and the coaches and the recruiting staff for giving us a 2010 that far exceeded our expectations we held at the end of last season.

The playing list is at a stage where we should enjoy more success in coming seasons, injuries willing. Thanks again all involved.

I am still flat as a tac. Silly really because I knew we would not win against St Kilda if we got into next week.

We are a team of crocks and kids at present. Jude smashed. Peb wobbling. Mummy no legs left. The Mountie doing his best, but not yet fully street wise. Braddy missing. TDL without his shotgun (WHAT were they thinking!). Benny with plates in his face. Kirky getting left behind (admit it). Macca organising like mad, but having a woeful time with the boot. Hanners still hard at it, but his kicking has gone off and he needs to have a rest.

On the up side, Jetts is now playing a team game, and is getting very good at it. Joey is a gem. Benny is a gem too. Doggy is a great decision maker. Kizza got done over but he is getting better and better. Shaw has reinvented himself and got some of his belief back. Mal and Tadgh have got great run in them. Ted can be relied on to do whatever job he is asked to take on - kind of Fosdyke like. Bevo should have played.

When you look at it, we have (read THEY have) done a fantastic job. Nothing to be ashamed of being a Swan. In fact, a great deal to be proud of.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast