Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Paul Roos gone so break rule 1

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by intranced View Post
    TDL's performance yesterday had nothing to do with Bradshaw coming back in. He was simply outmuscled.
    TDL has got most of his key positions in previous games in the corridor around 30 metres out. Last night they kept the corridor open for Bradshaw and he was leading to passes on the flanks so his creative ability to get clear of his opponent was stifled. This made it easier for his opponent as there was little variation to his role. Goodes seemed to do the same.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    We changed a 5-week winning line-up in the belief that Bradshaw would help take us to another level, and it didn't work. It's always a risk changing a winning line-up, and last night it came unstuck.

In 2010, we've managed to more than adequately develop our younger generation - and far more quickly than I thougt was possible. IMHO, they should have been given the chance to see how they'd perform in last night's semi.

Has everyone forgotten those two plays Jesse White was involved in last week that led to goals by TDL and ROK? He's more valuable to us than most people think.

Next year will be different. Most importantly, we'll have Seaby back. I'm not so worried about Craig B. because, given his age, his days are clearly numbered now. We've managed quite well without him. As far as LRT goes, he's another defensive option, with a bit of versatility thrown in. Bird - will he have a place? He seems injury prone.

Seriously, I doubt we need Bradshaw. He's not going to help us go to the next level, and instead of helping develop a player like TDL, he'll just take opportunities away from him.

Time for another clean out of the list. Which of our out-of-contract players will be off to the Gold Coast Suns?
    Most people on RWO think we will improve next year, so if that translates into a top 4 finish then a fit Bradshaw gives us a tilt at the title. His leading and reading of the play was quite exceptional for a player who hadn't played for 15 weeks. Pity about his kicking, but I will be very glad if he comes up next year.

About the worst thread I've ever read on here. For a bloke who hadn't played for 15 weeks, he was sensational.

Can't understand the obsession with youth.

I love watching him play, just an absolute gun.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

I can't wait to drag this thread up again this time next year when Braddles wins the coleman.
    Last edited by AnnieH; 12th September 2010 at 09:40 PM.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

That's the spirit Annie!

This thread is more degenerative than Braddy's knee!

I'm still just as pissed off 24 hours later. We really did choke it up I'm afraid. Reminds me of Samantha Stosur's performance in the French Open final this year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    That's the spirit Annie!
    She made him promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    I'm still just as pissed off 24 hours later. We really did choke it up I'm afraid. Reminds me of Samantha Stosur's performance in the French Open final this year.
    You shouldn't be pissed off. You should be satisfied with our progress this year.

The reality is that we're not really a top 4 side yet. If we were, we would have won on Saturday night.

This year is the first time we've beaten a genuine top 4 side in the past 3 seasons. And we did it with injuries to several key players.

And don't forget, this year we've beaten one of our bogey teams - Adelaide - on their home turf, as well as overcoming long-standing droughts against Freo in Perth and North in Melbourne.

I reckon we'll knock off at least one of Collingwood, Geelong or the Saints next year.

The future is bright!

Paul Roos gone so break rule 1

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    You shouldn't be pissed off. You should be satisfied with our progress this year.

The reality is that we're not really a top 4 side yet. If we were, we would have won on Saturday night.

This year is the first time we've beaten a genuine top 4 side in the past 3 seasons. And we did it with injuries to several key players.

And don't forget, this year we've beaten one of our bogey teams - Adelaide - on their home turf, as well as overcoming long-standing droughts against Freo in Perth and North in Melbourne.

I reckon we'll knock off at least one of Collingwood, Geelong or the Saints next year.

The future is bright!
    I know we've butted heads recently CS but I 100% agree with this.

Now if we can just get out of ANZ stadium.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I know we've butted heads recently CS but I 100% agree with this.

Now if we can just get out of ANZ stadium.
    Did you just call him a butthead?

Dear god,

Night of the long knives in here. We just made a semi-final, a bee's dick away from a prelim. None of you saw that coming this time last year. Now we're getting stuck into about 1/3 of the players on the list as if they cost us a premiership?

Almost every player on the list had a better year this year than they did the last.

And, as for Bradshaw, he missed some kicks, but he's hardly alone in the department, and he was still far and away our most dangerous option up front. We got him for nothing, it'd be stupid to throw him away after one season where almost every game he played was a good one.

And come off it, he's not robbing anyone of their place in the side. Seriously? He's holding TDL back? How? Because he doesn't drop the ball as much as White does? Is our long term plan to play a bloke at full forward that can't take a mark?
    Last edited by J_Moore; 13th September 2010 at 11:13 AM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast