Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Paul Roos gone so break rule 1

Quote Originally Posted by J_Moore View Post
    Dear god,

Night of the long knives in here. We just made a semi-final, a bee's dick away from a prelim. None of you saw that coming this time last year. Now we're getting stuck into about 1/3 of the players on the list as if they cost us a premiership?

Almost every player on the list had a better year this year than they did the last.

And, as for Bradshaw, he missed some kicks, but he's hardly alone in the department, and he was still far and away our most dangerous option up front. We got him for nothing, it'd be stupid to throw him away after one season where almost every game he played was a good one.

And come off it, he's not robbing anyone of their place in the side. Seriously? He's holding TDL back? How? Because he doesn't drop the ball as much as White does? Is our long term plan to play a bloke at full forward that can't take a mark?
    This.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by intranced View Post
    This.
    Hey,you win some you lose some! Bradshaw HAD to be picked and took 9 marks. A potential match winner at FF who had to be introduced if we were ever going to get close to St.Kilda. Was he fit? He sure was as he followed Lake all the way to FB and cleared the ball out! Very impressive game only marred by poor accuracy in front of goal which was a factor(but not the only one) in our loss of a game we should have won by 4-5 goals. I thought in the last 5 minutes when we needed to win it and a few players were too coy and careful putting up little tentative chips into the forward 50. We needed long kicks then and to move the ball fast to give our forwards and crumbers a chance.I thought at the end we needed more from Goodsey and Mc Veigh,we needed some magic like actually finding Kirk with a pass and letting him give us the Fairy tale ending......but I am dreaming!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    Hey,you win some you lose some! Bradshaw HAD to be picked and took 9 marks. A potential match winner at FF who had to be introduced if we were ever going to get close to St.Kilda. Was he fit? He sure was as he followed Lake all the way to FB and cleared the ball out! Very impressive game only marred by poor accuracy in front of goal which was a factor(but not the only one) in our loss of a game we should have won by 4-5 goals. I thought in the last 5 minutes when we needed to win it and a few players were too coy and careful putting up little tentative chips into the forward 50. We needed long kicks then and to move the ball fast to give our forwards and crumbers a chance.I thought at the end we needed more from Goodsey and Mc Veigh,we needed some magic like actually finding Kirk with a pass and letting him give us the Fairy tale ending......but I am dreaming!!!!
    Those misses in the 3rd quarter were very BIG factors in the match imo (Not the only ones as you say). We were desperate for a goal or two to steady the ship, and Braddy should have delivered. But I thought he had a more than decent game, and justified his selection. I'm not sure White should have also been left out, but thats an academic debate now and a what might have been.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I'd put more blame on Mattner.
    3rd term
    He received a terrible hand pass from Bradshaw, manage to real it in, evaded one tackler, and had a trio of swans in fron of him waiting for the handball, only for him to be run down from behind.
    Dogs, free and eventuated in a goal. This would've broken their momentum, and instead they found themselves only a goal or so down!!
    Turining point of the game for me.
    Yet the week before that was in the back every day, every time and the only one who disagreed was Mooney.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    Gee, that is harsh. More blame than the missed shots (Bradshaw, Goodes, and even the unfit O'Keefe who for the second week in a row could not snap the distance from 40 metres when clear), or are you taking a sarcastic jab at those who blame the loss on single incidents?

I thought Mattner had a very good game all in all.

Of course there were lots of single incidents that cost us dearly in that game (but that is football): Kennelly trying to win the game, spinning out of one tackle but getting caught from behind; Goodes mark just outside 50 and kicking it high and behind to Kirk who was running open inside 40; Shaw kicking from defence long and high to poor overhead options in Eski and Smith (who were also outnumbered) Grundy's dropped marks, etc.

The entire list of single acts is probably quite long (and each could have affected momentum and changed the course of the game).
    I'm not blaming him entirely Matty. It was just a passage of play at a critical time in the game where we had a huge chance to stem the flow, and it failed. 2 goal turn around.
    As people were blaming missed shots and other criteria, for me, this was a turning point in the game.
    Had we scored at that time, who knows what the rest of the night may have held.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Yet the week before that was in the back every day, every time and the only one who disagreed was Mooney.
    Yes, it's a fine line between tackle and ITB!!
    Many confusing rulings out there that night.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567