Page 52 of 76 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans Academy and player watch

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    15yo Isaac Heeney from Cardiff is one too watch. He played in my Under 16 team when he was 13 and was pretty much our best and fairest and we had heaps U16 rep players
    Just going through this thread to try and find a list of our Academy players and saw this gem of a post from Dec 2010! Well done Dan, picked it nice and early! also I was looking through the TAC cup draw and saw that I will get to see the Rams play in person on Aug 3 against gippsland power in Morwell! Hoping they field a nice strong squad with some of our future stars like Heeney and Mills! Can't wait!

Uhm ...
    Not sure how long the Academies will be around.

With pressure from outside, AFL needs total revamp

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by MomentByMoment View Post
    Uhm ...
    Not sure how long the Academies will be around.

With pressure from outside, AFL needs total revamp
    Nice article by Eddie McGuire, well it's by someone who is his puppet! Eddie is good at saving Collingwood, although right now his dumping of Mick Malthouse isn't looking too smart.

From where I sit, I don't see a game in crisis, record memberships, healthy attendances, some classic GF, etc.

As for the look of the game, it must be 20 years ago that the game was "in crisis" with the flood, but that all passed. We just need more good quality players, how about we nurture elite talent in the great untapped reservoirs of NSW & Qld!!!!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Besides being a obsequious, unctuous paean to Eddie, the article is also factually incorrect. The English football leagues has had relegation/promotion since it started. What turned the EPL around 25 years ago was the big jump in TV money

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Besides being a obsequious, unctuous paean to Eddie, the article is also factually incorrect. The English football leagues has had relegation/promotion since it started. What turned the EPL around 25 years ago was the big jump in TV money
    The English Teams in the late 80s were also band from European Club competition due to disgusting hooligan behaviour and supporter riots.

To go with the injection of money the English clubs cleaned up their act and starting attracting exciting overseas players like Eric Cantana.

Was that a paid advertorial?
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

That article reads like it is from The Onion
    -

Rubbish!

Happy and I know it
    It was a late April Fool's joke - wasn't it?
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

I'm surprised that Eddie needs a ghost writer.

Just wild about Harry
    Why did you make me read that article? !? I read all your comments first and thought you were all over reacting. Wow what a dumb self-serving piece of trash that is. Obviously there is no news at the age today.

Which article is being regretted to , the footy prophet one ?