Page 24 of 76 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans Academy and player watch

Veterans List
    Isaac Heeney best for one of the AIS sides in the London trial game. Looking more likely that he will cost us our first rounder but if he does we will still have got a bargain.

Oh, and expect Eddie to complain loudly about our Academy if Heeney is rated a top five prospect and falls to us for a mid-late teen pick!

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Isaac Heeney best for one of the AIS sides in the London trial game. Looking more likely that he will cost us our first rounder but if he does we will still have got a bargain.

Oh, and expect Eddie to complain loudly about our Academy if Heeney is rated a top five prospect and falls to us for a mid-late teen pick!
    People in the afl recruiting world are rating Heeney in the top 10. He may be rated higher as the year goes on. I hope he has speed.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyBloods View Post
    People in the afl recruiting world are rating Heeney in the top 10. He may be rated higher as the year goes on. I hope he has speed.
    Nice article on the Swans website about Heeney and you'll be pleased to know MightyBloods that he is working on his speed!

Isaac Heeney is a gun. He used to play in my under 16's team when he was 13 and was usually one of our best players. From what I remember he is pretty quick too. It will be good to see someone from the mighty Cardiff Hawks on an AFL list for the first time!
    I See It But I Don't Believe It!!!!

U18 Rams 9.11 (65) defeated @VicCountryU18s 9.7 (61) in TAC Cup Practice Match today @ Visy Park.

Goals : Davis 2, Steele 2, Fyffe, Wetzlar, Thompson, Johns, Foster
    Best: Finlayson, Steele, Abe Davis, Zac Fyffe, Flynn, Thompson

^ Swans Academy kids are in bold

#30 Abe DAVIS 193cm 90kg 27.1.96 UNSW-Easts (2014 draft eligible)
    #11 Zachary FYFFE 183cm 77kg 30.10.96 North Shore (2014 draft eligible)

Emma Quayle reckons Heeney may cost us our 1st round pick http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...417-zqvq4.html

Quote Originally Posted by wearebloods View Post
    Emma Quayle reckons Heeney may cost us our 1st round pick http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...417-zqvq4.html
    Not if we can maintain our current ladder position.

Goes up to 11
    Yes I hear Heeney is being touted as a first round pick - good on him. Sounds like he may be our first pick this year regardless. Looking forward to seeing him tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Looking forward to seeing him tomorrow
    Good luck with that.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Good luck with that.
    Oh maybe it's Haddin I'll be seeing....

Or that young Tippett fella...

i believe fyffe took up footy very late and is a gun runner

i dont know too much else about him

Shore kid like LRT from memory !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Veterans List
    If we finish top 4 our pick will be 15-18 or a bit later depending on how many high profile free agents leave lower clubs. Having read the numerous write ups on Heeney, using our first pick is a certainty but a bargain none the less.

Be interesting to see if we nominate any others from the Academy and what pick we have to use to get them. Be great if we rated them but no one else bid meaning we could use useless picks out in the 70s, sort of like getting them for free :-) Like Carlton got with Buckley, Bullies with Hunter etc