Page 53 of 76 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans Academy and player watch

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    Why did you make me read that article? !? I read all your comments first and thought you were all over reacting. Wow what a dumb self-serving piece of trash that is. Obviously there is no news at the age today.
    I know. The article said nothing, but the comment under McGuires picture spoke a thousand words.

It's the start of Eddies campaign.

I suspect there is already a PR consultant engaged to seed stories to the media.

That article is a satire....relax, he's on our side, folks. It's not very good satire if not everyone understands that he is taking a pot shot at Eddie because everything Eddie wants will lead to an EPL type competition where only four or five teams can win it.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    That article reads like it is from The Onion
    I found myself trying to work out if it was a parody. Bizarre.

Edit: OK, it is. Not up to The Onion's standard though.
    Last edited by Bloods05; 6th July 2014 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Update

-

Love Callum Mills' description of rugby, sums up my view perfectly!

""There's multiple things that I hate about the game (rugby). It's not really fun, it's really one-dimensional, it's just a line."

"They run into you, you tackle, they run into you, you tackle. With AFL it's much better, it's all around the ground and I get to use my endurance, which I really like."

Just wild about Harry
    Interestingly, the article makes the point that Mills was playing representative rugby before entering the academy. I'm sure this is meant to short-circuit some anticipated angst from certain Melbourne-based presidents.

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    Thanks CJK. We really owe a lot to Andrew Pridham by the sound of it.

WARNING: THIS ARTICLE CAN MAKE YOU SERIOUSLY ILL

This time Eddie McGuire has used The Footy Show to take another swipe at the Swans, Longmire and trumpeting once again that the Swans' Academy is an unfair advantage.

see: he-wont-work-with-me-eddie

This is perhaps the most cringe-worthy of all of McGuire's underhanded filthy acts. He is now effectively saying that Longmire is 'UnAustralian' for not working with him on the International Rules team.

Some of the statements made by McGuire are so sickening, I cannot bring myself around to repeat them here.

how long does it take for some one to keep making them self an idiot in the public domain........until he public and the media turn on them ??

Eddie put himself before the game by making the comment re Adam Goodes

In Eddies world he is number 1 not the Australian public nor the Australian rep AFL team
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Can someone let Eddie know that John doesn't want to be his friend.

Neither does Adam.
    Or Sydney ...

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    This time Eddie McGuire has used The Footy Show to take another swipe at the Swans, Longmire and trumpeting once again that the Swans' Academy is an unfair advantage.

see: he-wont-work-with-me-eddie

This is perhaps the most cringe-worthy of all of McGuire's underhanded filthy acts. He is now effectively saying that Longmire is 'UnAustralian' for not working with him on the International Rules team.

Some of the statements made by McGuire are so sickening, I cannot bring myself around to repeat them here.
    The international rules series is not taken seriously. Longmire probably wants to spend some valuable off season time with his family. Spending off-season time with Eddie is probably not appealing. Life is too short.