Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Swans may lose Kennelly again

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Opens a spot for someone for pre season and maybe even the early rounds. Does Shaw slot back in or do we leave him doing that tagging role he was so good at and try someone else.

I'm thinking a more permanent role down back for Rohan?
    I suspect Andrejs might get a run, or (less likely) Reid.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Iv'e just got a bit of a feeling Everitt will play no matter what. If you can get good odds on him playing round 1 take em....

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    I suspect Andrejs might get a run, or (less likely) Reid.
    Probably Rohan or Everitt. I'd rather see Reid up forward I think, based purely on that one game...

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    I'm thinking a more permanent role down back for Rohan?
    No let's not curb his attacking instincts - he'll be much better in an attacking role.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    No let's not curb his attacking instincts - he'll be much better in an attacking role.
    The HBF is one of the most attacking positions on the ground for most clubs nowadays. Certainly Kennelly and Malceski have been two of the Swans' more attacking players over the past few seasons. Not sure I see it as necessarily the best spot for Rohan but he could find his way there.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    The HBF is one of the most attacking positions on the ground for most clubs nowadays. Certainly Kennelly and Malceski have been two of the Swans' more attacking players over the past few seasons. Not sure I see it as necessarily the best spot for Rohan but he could find his way there.
    Its a fair point Liz............flank he will be............but my feeling is that he will continue being kept verstatile ie playing HBF, Wing and HFF for 2011 and maybe 2012..........When he gets his stamina he may get a full time gig on the right wing OR as you mention Liz he may take over from TK at right HBF.............funny enough he was top3 if not top in the accuracy test in last years draft....
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Yep good point - I'd like to see all 22 spots in our team as 'attacking roles' - we certainly have moved to a more attack-oriented style over the last few years and I'd like to see that continue. And if I hear stupid commentators talking 'Swans lock-down footy' again next year like some so erroneously did this year I will have to try even harder to keep the brick away from the telly......

Blog Entries
    It's your telly, and you can do with the brick what you like - But it isn't going to hurt the "stupid commentator" - Now if you need a new TV, I'd say "go ahead", but if you really want to hurt the commentator, wouldn't you be better off with some well constructed commentary yourself? Join the RWO match reporters - show 'm, make them see the error of their ways. Much better for your TV (and the poor brick) ...

OK I finally believe he is back.

Looked very ripped doing the boundary running and not a smile to be seen anywhere.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567