Thread: Midfield 2011 and beyond

Midfield 2011 and beyond

I am absolutely stoked with picking up Parker......capturing a tough, long distance and emerging midfielder who can push forward..........hell.......its great to be a Swans supporter........sure its a long way to go yet, but we have a an exciting emerging midfield to cover the loss of Kirk in 2010 then Bolton, Rok and Shaw coming towards their latter years

Bolton 30
    Rok 29
    Shaw 29
    McGlynn 25
    McVeigh 25
    Jack 23
    Smithy 22
    Kennedy 22
    Hannes 19
    Jetta 21
    Parker 18

Birdy, Rohan, Meredith, Mal, Moore all appear capable of minutes in the middle also when needed via matchups etc............ and Jed and Heath sound like they will be expected to push into the midfield when required also !

pumped for 2011
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

There's an unknown by the name of Goodes who I wouldn't mind seeing get some midfield time in 2011

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratna View Post
    There's an unknown by the name of Goodes who I wouldn't mind seeing get some midfield time in 2011
    Reckon if we can get Braddy on the park more often and one of White, Reid, Johnston or maybe Seaby to fill the other key fwd post then Goodes may spend more time in the midfield and less forward.

I do like the way we have made real progress in the last 12 months to reinvigorate what was a worrying ageing list. Well done recruiters.

Looking forward to adding Tom Mitchell to that list in 2012.

Our first genuine midfielder top 3 draft pick in a long long time.

A starting centre square of Mummy, Hanners, Jack and Mitchell from 2012 onwards. It's mouth watering

A good mix of inside with Mummy and Hanners, with outside speed and skills of Jack and Michell.

DST
    Last edited by DST; 22nd November 2010 at 10:42 PM.
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

On the Rookie List
    We are yet to see the best of Craig Bird in the midfield. Hope his foot is OK.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bigswan View Post
    We are yet to see the best of Craig Bird in the midfield. Hope his foot is OK.
    Bird didn't take part in the 3km time trial yesterday, but he was running laps so I guess he's on the mend.

Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    Looking forward to adding Tom Mitchell to that list in 2012.

Our first genuine midfielder top 3 draft pick in a long long time.

A starting centre square of Mummy, Hanners, Jack and Mitchell from 2012 onwards. It's mouth watering

A good mix of inside with Mummy and Hanners, with outside speed and skills of Jack and Michell.

DST
    Amazing !! Joey comes 3rd in the B+F, almost tops the clearances for 2010 and was by far the most consistent inside Mid for us all year and people on this forum still don't rate him. Its just as well the coaches do...........

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Amazing !! Joey comes 3rd in the B+F, almost tops the clearances for 2010 and was by far the most consistent inside Mid for us all year and people on this forum still don't rate him. Its just as well the coaches do...........
    Don't forget the OP didn't mention Bird at all as a starting midfielder, just capable of a few minutes.
    He wasn't recruited to play back pocket.
    Last edited by magic.merkin; 23rd November 2010 at 11:26 AM.

Veterans List
    Just found a couple of article from 12 months ago, one that rated Parker as a possble top ten pick and the other Champion Data had him a top 25 so to get him at pick 40 may be a coup. Fingers crossed

You might get your wish as I think Ried will play CHF this year as that is why they drafted him. His one game was enough to tell me the boy can play & I would have selected him for the finals. So add Goodsie to the mids!