Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Player Movements

Player Movements

Any player movements on the horizon? We are resigned to losing Kenny EC to ECE

Heard the Linson brothers from Wests are on the move

Any others?

Quote Originally Posted by Carn the Lions View Post
    Any player movements on the horizon? We are resigned to losing Kenny EC to ECE

Heard the Linson brothers from Wests are on the move

Any others?
    Not surprised by Kenny going to ECE, he was at a few pre-season sessions there a couple of years ago...

Warming the Bench
    That's a shame.

I know it's a free country, but surely in an ideal world it'd be much better if the top clubs with the greatest resources were able to bring recruits into the competition rather than get them from clubs who are doing their best to compete.

They have been doing this for years while there own local players wither & die on the vine so to speak. greatest resources your kidding ITS CALLED MOST MONEY.

Nothing special about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DLH View Post
    That's a shame.

I know it's a free country, but surely in an ideal world it'd be much better if the top clubs with the greatest resources were able to bring recruits into the competition rather than get them from clubs who are doing their best to compete.

Quote Originally Posted by Doormat View Post
    They have been doing this for years while there own local players wither & die on the vine so to speak. greatest resources your kidding ITS CALLED MOST MONEY.

Nothing special about that.
    Apparantly has a few close friends there so all the best to him.
    Realistically we are not going to be up to scratch so we cant blame a player for wanting some success

Almost Football Legend
    I don't know where he lives, but if it's in the Illawarra area it would be a nightmare commute to get to training twice a week.

It's a shame for Wollongong, especially on the back of losing McConnochie and Wells to Sydney Uni last pre-season. You can't blame players for chasing the best opportunities; but hopefully Wollongong can attract some talent for next season.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

aka Mr Taxman
    I understand that Ainslie FC have been recruiting pretty heavily for the upcoming "Super League" - I am expecting at least one premiership player to be moving across to them. With offers 3 to 4 times greater than Sydney footy there may be a bit of an exodus in season 2011 by the elite players to this new comp & who could blame them.
    See me run a marathon again as a leprechaun?
    Donations

Where have the Lisen brotrhers been rumoured to be going. As for super comp well lets just see or will it be like usual a big heap of pee and wind something NSW AFL semms to be gold medalists at. If we are lucky then they will just be told what to do by the big ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafters View Post
    I understand that Ainslie FC have been recruiting pretty heavily for the upcoming "Super League" - I am expecting at least one premiership player to be moving across to them. With offers 3 to 4 times greater than Sydney footy there may be a bit of an exodus in season 2011 by the elite players to this new comp & who could blame them.
    Not the only Canberra Club looking and recruiting. The better GWS TAC Cup boys are in demand

Quote Originally Posted by The Runt View Post
    Where have the Lisen brotrhers been rumoured to be going. As for super comp well lets just see or will it be like usual a big heap of pee and wind something NSW AFL semms to be gold medalists at. If we are lucky then they will just be told what to do by the big ones.
    Cambelltown for the Linsens.
    Withers retired
    And Lily out the door as well

where will lilly go?

lees would of retired too?

Quote Originally Posted by Carn the Lions View Post
    Cambelltown for the Linsens.
    Withers retired
    And Lily out the door as well
    :

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by The Purse View Post
    where will lilly go?

lees would of retired too?
    I think Lilly was good mates with Watkins, which is why he ended up at Wests in the first place. If Lilly is off, then might Watkins be as well? It's a good rumour, based on zero fact, let's see if it takes off!

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast