Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome Jed Lamb, Luke Parker, Alex Johnson, Matthew Spangher

Quote Originally Posted by SwanSational74 View Post
    Welcome to the best club in the land, guys.
    ...and welcome to you on your first post on the best fan forum site in the land!!
    Swannies for life!

On the Rookie List SwanSational74's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    ...and welcome to you on your first post on the best fan forum site in the land!!
    lol. Thanks for that.
    Red and White Forever.

Welcome to the best club in the land, guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    lol. Thanks for that.
    Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay ya;
    Kum bay ya, the Lord, kum bay ya;
    Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay ya,
    O Lord, kum bay ya.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I have it on extremely good authority that the selectors were looking for backmen, in particular.

That's why we got Spangher. He will be asked to stop the ball (and I'm pretty sure they'll work on his skills on getting rid of it after he has done so) but his first job will be to stop the ball. It's what he does.
    Yeh Annie no doubt, but what an admission of failure? Bolton's age has hardly snuck up on us, so why all of a sudden are we accepting the wooden spooner's reject backman from the worst defence in the competition as our next defender? List management should have seen this coming and should be thankful we've seen the improvement we have in Reg and LRT. Personally, if we get into the situation we did last year down to just two talls then I'd prefer to see Reid or Johnston or even Pyke getting a run, rather than a bloke who has demonstrated very very little in his 5 years in the system. Anyway, enuff said!

On to the youngsters, and who knows what they'll be like but as usual they seem to have great back stories - looks the Swans have a preference for players with strong families. I wonder whether they think that helps with the interstate transition? Anyway, Lamb and Parker may well be in the mix next season.

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Yeh Annie no doubt, but what an admission of failure? Bolton's age has hardly snuck up on us, so why all of a sudden are we accepting the wooden spooner's reject backman from the worst defence in the competition as our next defender? List management should have seen this coming and should be thankful we've seen the improvement we have in Reg and LRT. Personally, if we get into the situation we did last year down to just two talls then I'd prefer to see Reid or Johnston or even Pyke getting a run, rather than a bloke who has demonstrated very very little in his 5 years in the system. Anyway, enuff said!

On to the youngsters, and who knows what they'll be like but as usual they seem to have great back stories - looks the Swans have a preference for players with strong families. I wonder whether they think that helps with the interstate transition? Anyway, Lamb and Parker may well be in the mix next season.
    hhhmmmm there are a stack of backs even without CBolton, Kennelly, Mattner.........approx

Mal, C.Heath, Smithy, Grundy, Teddy, Reid, Alex Johnson, LRT (only 27), Everitt, Bevo, and even Rohan maybe on the HB flank?...........and Spangher for depth
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    That's why we got Spangher. He will be asked to stop the ball (and I'm pretty sure they'll work on his skills on getting rid of it after he has done so) but his first job will be to stop the ball. It's what he does.
    This sounds eerily familiar to why we went after SuperTed. He has his detractors sometimes but the guy gets the job done. Wrong to expect more of the same from Spangher?
    10100111001 ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay ya;
    Kum bay ya, the Lord, kum bay ya;
    Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay ya,
    O Lord, kum bay ya.
    Big Al, stop roasting those mashmellows soaked in cogniac.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Because maybe the selectors didn't see him the way you do. Of the few budgie games I watched last year, the names most called were NicNat, LeCrap, and Spangher up the back - stopping the ball.

Maybe we should see how he comes out playing for us, before we hit the OMG what were they thinking button.

As I recall, that button was pressed pretty early last year (I think I never took my finger off it for a few months), and I was well and truly proved wrong.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

The way some people are going on you would think pick 73 would get us an absolute gun. Most players around this range dont ever play a senior game, and the ones that do make it often need time to develop and are better off to be rookie selections. So given we wanted a ready made player - Spangher is a a very good selection at 73.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    The way some people are going on you would think pick 73 would get us an absolute gun. Most players around this range dont ever play a senior game, and the ones that do make it often need time to develop and are better off to be rookie selections. So given we wanted a ready made player - Spangher is a a very good selection at 73.
    My thoughts exactly Cookie....

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    Bingo.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

We have a list of 40 players + rookies.

In that list we require forwards, backs, utilities, midfielders, young, old, developing, mature.

In 2011 some will be first choice, some will be groomed to be first choice and others will be back-up.

If the club feels that over the entire list of 40 plus players that it has enough developing KP talls and wants some futher insurance cover for this year and the next, then so what.

It's remarkable that we can spend so much time on her bitching about such a minor decision, when we have just drafted another 3 young kids to the 4 we drafted last year who will have the final say on where our club will be in 3 years time than Spangher ever will.

For the record, out of the smalll amount of mature aged players in the country capable of playing some decent back-up football in a KP defender role he was about the best around.

DST
    Last edited by DST; 20th November 2010 at 10:49 AM.
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast