Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best Place to Sit at SCG and ANZ?

Question Best Place to Sit at SCG and ANZ?

Hi all!

After being a Swannies fan for some time now, I've just recently purchased my first ever Swans Platinum (with premiership add-on) Membership.

Apparently now I have to select my seating preferences at the SCG and ANZ stadium and I would like to ask for your advice on where to sit at both stadiums.

Thanks for your time!

EB

Go Swans Always
    Brewongle is great and also concourse anywhere at ANZ or SCG.
    Love those Swans

Blog Entries
    I was lucky enough to sit in the O'Reilly this year. GReat view from there, and undercover.

Thanks for the tips guys, appreciate it!

It really depends on your preference. Like to be close to the action? O'Reilly or Brewongle concourse. Like to be up higher and under-cover? O'Reilly or Brewongle Stands. If you don't mind sitting behind the goals, or on the HFF, then go for the Trumper or Churchill Stands.

I've sat high up in the O'Reilly Stand for about 12 years now. The concourse on that side of the ground is not as deep, so you are still relatively close to the ground, compared to the Brewongle side. Unfortunately for day games, you can get the sun in your eyes towards the end of the match.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

Avoid the Trumper Stand. Even in winter you stare at the sun and it gets very very warm. I sat there last year and I'm moving it's so bad.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by AnsweredPrayers View Post
    Avoid the Trumper Stand. Even in winter you stare at the sun and it gets very very warm. I sat there last year and I'm moving it's so bad.
    Sunglasses?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Living in 2005
    I moved from the Brewongle to O'Reilly a few years back and will never move, great view, elevated but feel very close and undercover. Can get warm on sunny days, but I enjoy that too with the sunglasses!

My personal favourite at ANZ is Level 4, mid section, but the mate I go with hates the elevation out there so we sit Level 1 on the side that the Swans run out (mid section) and that's quite a good view too.

Bay 8 - O'Reilly Concourse. It gets nice and warm on a Sunny day but that's what I love about it. Nothin' better than a Sunday arvo in the Sun with friends/family, drinking beer, watching the boys. Can't beat it! And it really hasn't rained that much from memory? And if it does, you get wet, big deal : )

Section 5 of the Brewongle according to the Swans is one the hardest parts of the ground to get into and for a good reason. As for ANZ, I'm finally changing to Level 1 eastern side because Level 4 is too far from the action for a myopic challenged person like me.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

6, 7 or 8 in the brewongle ... upper deck.

Great seats if you can handle my noise.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    6, 7 or 8 in the brewongle ... upper deck.

Great seats if you can handle my noise.
    I've sat with Annie and she is right on both counts, but then I'm pretty loud too. It is the only time I have anjoyed a match at the SCG, as I could see what was happening.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast