Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best Place to Sit at SCG and ANZ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    6, 7 or 8 in the brewongle ... upper deck.

Great seats if you can handle my noise.
    So O'Reilly is looking good then!!

I've been in Section 4 (or is that 5 as I am just left of the players race) of the Brewongle for 14 years now. I would not change.

Don't have to worry about the sun in day games. Down stairs and out on street after game and the waiter service is excellent.

ANZ level 4 in Section 409 which is OK but lack of leg space is a pain.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    I've been in Section 4 (or is that 5 as I am just left of the players race) of the Brewongle for 14 years now. I would not change.

Don't have to worry about the sun in day games. Down stairs and out on street after game and the waiter service is excellent.

ANZ level 4 in Section 409 which is OK but lack of leg space is a pain.
    The halftime massages are excellent as well.

tsk tsk Bas, you've been in the bay next to mine all those years and you haven't said hi. Although Sec 5 does have it's standards. We don't just let anyone in.
    Last edited by Big Al; 27th November 2010 at 09:22 PM.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

2011 still in same RedZone at the SCG so the free for all seats wise - but at ANZ I now have an RAS membership, early b'day present actually (thanks to my big bro!!!), and its reciprocal rights allow RAS members to be in the Gold Members area sipping wine out of a vessel actually made of some thing called "Glass" eating off a thing called a "plate" and one has a terrific view of the ground - so me (along with ORB and Mrs ORB) will be waving to our loyal subjects from the posh seats.! AND so as I didnt feel guilty about not giving the club as much dosh as did last year - I added premiership club to my memebrship so that made up for it (and then some!). Bring on 2011 - I have a good feeling about it already.
    Last edited by Wardy; 28th November 2010 at 11:40 AM.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

I'm a member of the RAS as well and I thought long and hard about whether I just get an SCG membership. In the end I liked the parking included in my current package too much to change.

However from how you describe your seats Wardy , I might utilise the RAS membership next year. Drinking out of glass you say... Mmmmm.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I'm a member of the RAS as well and I thought long and hard about whether I just get an SCG membership. In the end I liked the parking included in my current package too much to change.

However from how you describe your seats Wardy , I might utilise the RAS membership next year. Drinking out of glass you say... Mmmmm.
    I have an RAS membership too. I might join you on a game when the kids don't come .
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    I have an RAS membership too. I might join you on a game when the kids don't come .
    Sounds good mate.

I believe they even have proper things like cutlery! - ORB actually put me onto it and he sat up there for a game last year and was converted from the get go. So might as well get full use of the facilities that one has access too. and yes drinking wine out of a glass is much more my cup of tea - so to speak!

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    I believe they even have proper things like cutlery! - ORB actually put me onto it and he sat up there for a game last year and was converted from the get go. So might as well get full use of the facilities that one has access too. and yes drinking wine out of a glass is much more my cup of tea - so to speak!
    Yeah, good one, I was hoping to keep this secret! RAS members can also bring two guests who pay $60 a pop. The deal is that one rocks up to the restaurant behind the members. On ordering a meal patrons get a wrist band upgrading them to platinum seats. Nice wide ones with padding and cup holders for those of us with fat bums and a thirst, close to half way and a flunky to open the door. Best view in the house. We bag our seats as soon as we get the wristbands, then go back and enjoy the silver service that Queen Wardy so values.

Mind you, ladies are advised to bring capacious handbags and a supply of bubblewrap because the prices they charge are enough to cover the the cutlery and glassware as well.

Menwhile I love the Noble at the SCG. Cannot beat that down the ground view on a short field. And now that we have a family membership, I will appreciate that the grandkids can roam around, go down on the fence if they want, run around on the grass out back or kick a footy on the tennis courts.
    Last edited by Old Royboy; 29th November 2010 at 09:40 PM.
    Pay peanuts get monkeys

Quote Originally Posted by Old Royboy View Post
    Yeah, good one, I was hoping to keep this secret! RAS members can also bring two guests who pay $60 a pop. The deal is that one rocks up to the restaurant behind the members. On ordering a meal patrons get a wrist band upgrading them to platinum seats. Nice wide ones with padding and cup holders for those of us with fat bums and a thirst, close to half way and a flunky to open the door. Best view in the house. We bag our seats as soon as we get the wristbands, then go back and enjoy the silver service that Queen Wardy so values.

If you must call me names Princess Alexandra is preferred thank you!!!!!

I figure that its only 3 times a year at ANZ (oh plus finals too but then all bets are off ) so a bit of an upgrade is a treat.

Agree the view from our spot in the MA Noble is tops so am quite happy to stay there until we get shoved over the other side when construction starts.

Sorry ORB - didnt mean to let the cat out of the bag.
    Last edited by goswannie14; 30th November 2010 at 07:07 AM. Reason: fixed quote

Not only will I be checking out the Gold Class at ANZ (thanks Wardy) I might have to sit in the Noble for one game to see what the fuss is all about because all the Red Zone members seem to really love it. (although I think if you sat in my seats you'd realise why only an undertaker will ever get those seats).

Not only will I be checking out the Gold Class at ANZ (thanks Wardy) I might have to sit in the Noble for one game to see what the fuss is all about because all the Red Zone members seem to really love it. (although I think if you sat in my seats you'd realise why only an undertaker will ever get those seats).
    You are welcome any time young fella - you might put the wind up a few of the wowers there (ask Primmy about Mr & Mrs Grim who sit near by - a crankier old pair you will never find ) I can also give you the word on which people to avoid in the area (one of whom you already know about! - apart from Mr & ORB of course!!! There are the nudists who thankfully wear clothes in the winter months - but I did actually see them at the nude wedding I sent to about 10 years ago (and before you ask the question - no I wore clothes as a community service!) there are a host of different types really
    Last edited by Wardy; 30th November 2010 at 08:15 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast