Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans Injury News 2011

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That is AWFUL!!!!! Absolutely gutted for him.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Very sorry for Mal, but look to see him back later this season.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Sad on a few fronts - firstly for him, especially after he has reportedly worked so hard. Secondly for all of us who love watching him.

But also for the reputation of the surgery as well. Many don't want to believe it has a role to play in the game. And I guess the fact that both Malceski and Rodan have now reruptured their LARS, maybe there isn't. But it is still very early days and little data available, and many anti-LARS advocates conveniently ignore the fact that the conventional surgery is hardly 100% guaranteed either. It would be nice to think that there was an alternative to players sitting out for a season, taking another whole season to recover fully, and often facing hamstring issues even once they are over their knee problems.
    I guess either method has given life to his footy career. He might have had to retire otherwise.

Terrible news.

Didn't I read that Nathan Brown forsook LARS for the traditional op?
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

buggerbuggerbuggerbugger......its not fair, poor barstard.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Terrible news.

Didn't I read that Nathan Brown forsook LARS for the traditional op?
    Yep, his theory was he is younger and has many years left to play.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Poor bugger.
    Leaves a big hole in rebounding but as already stated it leaves open a great opportunity for someone to step up and claim a spot in the seniors.
    I can't see it being Everitt, they don't seem to be similar footballers to me. I would like to see the Rooster give it a shot, he doesn't have the piercing kick (yet) but his tenacity would be a big plus. Sumner does not have the size to play the role Eski's did, even though Nick was seen as an attacking hb he still had to play on medium sized forwards occassionally.

B: Smith, Grundy, Mattner
    HB: Shaw, Teddy, Rohan
    with a resting ruckman filling a hole as required?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

terrible news for Mal, absolutely shocking. Its going to leave a bit hole in our backline, but we will just have to soldier on. Had a really good year last year and was looking forward to him playing a big role in our season. However, all going well we will see him before the end of the season and hopefully he can come back form wise quicker this time now he has been through it before.

I think I'm more devastated than he is.
    I've got tears.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

That's footy I guess.

If there's a positive it does give someone else a chance to step up and fill the void left. This is a strong group and I'm confident they can do just that.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    This seriously dents our top 4 hopes and is shattering for Eski as he was in ripping touch. @@@@ it!
    Agree on both counts I'm afraid.

Warming the Bench
    A lot of players that have the conventional surgery do the same knee again within a couple of years, so why not have the LARS op again.
    I know it is the same knee he had the LARS operation on last time but does anyone remember if it's the same one he had his original surgery on, if so the conventional operation didn't work any better.
    I worked for a couple of years at Melbourne Football club in the mid eighties as a trainer and I always remember the doctor at the time saying that since players have been having their ankles taped there hasn't been as many ankle injuries but it has increased knee injuries cause the first thing that gives way now is your knee.
    Another thing he use to say was that most ankle injuries were 4-6 weeks recovery while knees were 12 months.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast