Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Great predictions of 2011 season

After three losses in a row sometime in the season , fan forums filled with diatribe about the need to bottom out to be competitive sighting the one premiership in the past five or ten years that has successfully used this method.

One of Bevan/ mattner / richards / moore to become RWO whipping boys for 2011

Horse to be compared to roosy at every opportunity when things arent looking good

Loss of Kirk to be sighted as the reason for any close loss, even though we have rarely won close games over the last few years.

Calls for Collingwood in melbourne media to be allowed further concessions (in addition to it hardly ever playing outside melbourne) so that it somehow is allowed to finish both 1st,2nd, 3rd and 4th at end of regular season to guarantee it a grand final spot.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I'd much rather the privilege of tearing up as I watch Goodsey chaired off the ground for his last ever game, still donning the red and white, holding the record for the most games ever for the Mighty Bloods. I just hope it won't be for several seasons yet.
    Yes yes yes. Agreed completely.

Veterans List
    I'd much rather the privilege of tearing up as I watch Goodsey chaired off the ground for his last ever game, still donning the red and white, holding the record for the most games ever for the Mighty Bloods. I just hope it won't be for several seasons yet.
    You forgot to mention that he'll be wearing his three Brownlows and three Premiership medallions around his neck when he goes.

Veterans List
    I know I will get shot down and nailed to the cross for this, but....Jude Bolton to struggle to get a game apart from as a Sub. His speed and disposal a big factor in a game where speed and tackling has gone to another level.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I know I will get shot down and nailed to the cross for this, but....Jude Bolton to struggle to get a game apart from as a Sub. His speed and disposal a big factor in a game where speed and tackling has gone to another level.
    No, not nailed to the cross, maybe slapped a little maybe. You still need some in and under mid fielders and with the retirement of Kirk Jude becomes an important player.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

I teared up at Kels and Magics farewell but I can't see me doing the same with Goodes and I have no earthly idea why. Great player but I don't share the same affection for Adam as most of the supporter group. He'll break the record no question but he won't be in my top 5 favorite Swans.

I'll get criticized for this but it's a feeling I have and one I can't quite explain.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I teared up at Kels and Magics farewell but I can't see me doing the same with Goodes and I have no earthly idea why. Great player but I don't share the same affection for Adam as most of the supporter group. He'll break the record no question but he won't be in my top 5 favorite Swans.

I'll get criticized for this but it's a feeling I have and one I can't quite explain.
    BA, I wonder whether there is a difference between the affection rating and the respect rating. What think you?
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    BA, I wonder whether there is a difference between the affection rating and the respect rating. What think you?
    I have the highest respect for his skill as a player and for what he has achieved and he'll get a standing ovation from me when he plays his last game but I just can't see me getting emotional like I did with Magic and Kel.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I have the highest respect for his skill as a player and for what he has achieved and he'll get a standing ovation from me when he plays his last game but I just can't see me getting emotional like I did with Magic and Kel.
    Maybe it is something to do with the fact that when Adam plays well it does not seem he struggling to get to that level, it still seems easy.
    Others, like Kelly seemed have to dig deep to go beyond themselves to do the spectacular.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

I agree. He lost me a bit in 2008 when he spent most of the year whacking people. Absolute champions don't need to do that.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    I agree. He lost me a bit in 2008 when he spent most of the year whacking people. Absolute champions don't need to do that.
    Was he suspended a lot that year? Or are you thinking of Baz . . . or Judd?

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Was he suspended a lot that year? Or are you thinking of Baz . . . or Judd?
    Reported 3 times and a couple were behind play. From memory he was lucky with the tribunal...got off the 1st when he whacked Thomas, a reprimand and points for the 2nd when he whacked Selwood and a week with an early plea for the Bartram incident at Manuka. I think he just had an angry year.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast