Thread: Everitt and Bradshaw

Everitt and Bradshaw

Thought Everitt played ok for us on Sunday. Didnt play a blinder, but looked handy. We suddenly have quite a few tall options down back even with Boltons retirement. Grundy, Everitt, LRT and Richards.

Full forward is still a problem though. Is bradshaw ever going to play again ?

Why arent we grooming Mike Pyke as a FF?

Playing FF would require a very different set of skills to playing ruck (eg leading, marking, positional awareness etc) and it's probably hard enough for someone new to the game to learn one position, let alone another entirely.

If we want a big, slow person to stand at FF and do stuff all, we already have White.

MikePyke is still learning how to ruck, he has just mastered how to kick on the move, and his marking is now pretty ok. He's got a way to go and he only got a gig last season because Seaby broke. He is still more or less a project player, but oh my he has improved out of sight. Just not ready for a KPP such as FF. As Donners said, I doubt leading is going to be a strong suite for a long long time. However we do have Sam Reid who was only a work in progress last year, but can read the flight of a ball and is sooo cool under pressure. He is a more obvious choice, but at 19 may take or be given time.

I liked Everitt - he did some good things, and will probably take a few games to get his Swans confidence up. I would say he is not easily flustered.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

grooming mike pyke? lets keep him for the ruck how about grooming reid and lj or even currie
    Theres not much left to say

I don't know that there is much room in the game for the old style full forward, White doesn't get seen a lot, but he is not slow, and draws a tall defender, Reid looked good up to half time then faded, needs more games, I thought Everitt looked pretty good. If Bradshaw does come back in, Will they drop White as the chop out ruckman? The sub rule is taking some working out, it begs the question do we go with 2 ruckmen and play a short bench? Winning the clearances is so important, can one ruckman provide the required service. Mummy looked a bit stuffed there at the end. More questions than answers at this time of year
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    I don't know that there is much room in the game for the old style full forward, White doesn't get seen a lot, but he is not slow, and draws a tall defender, Reid looked good up to half time then faded, needs more games, I thought Everitt looked pretty good. If Bradshaw does come back in, Will they drop White as the chop out ruckman? The sub rule is taking some working out, it begs the question do we go with 2 ruckmen and play a short bench? Winning the clearances is so important, can one ruckman provide the required service. Mummy looked a bit stuffed there at the end. More questions than answers at this time of year
    I agree with this, especially about Mummy. As others have said, I think Seaby could have come on sooner.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)