Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 3 - Swans v. West Coast Game day thread

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Ahh calmed down a bit now, great to win, but we had a bad night and grinded out a win (which is always good early in the year) but we will need to sharpen our disposal and decision making if we want to take on the Cats next week.
    Agree but we have ground out a win two weeks in a row when all looked lost, that is character building from the boys. Very happy with the direction we are taking we are blooding young guys and they are showing plenty in my opinion

What a year 2005 SSFC/CFC
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Ahh calmed down a bit now, great to win, but we had a bad night and grinded out a win (which is always good early in the year) but we will need to sharpen our disposal and decision making if we want to take on the Cats next week.
    Ain't that the truth..
    Sports do not build character. They reveal it....Heywood Broun

I always turn to the sports pages first, which record people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures......Earl Warren

Much as i dislike them, the Weagles did not deserve to lose.

Face it, we got through on guts. But we are at least 30% down on form compared to this time last season.

Horse's selection policy has me baffled at times too. We badly needed a Pyke or a Seaby out there. Big ups to Mummy for a super effort.
    Sydney Swans - Finals bound in 2011

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    Did you hear that on MMM?
    Nope, Monty on Fan Footy .... no MMM football on the Gold Coast I'm afraid

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    What do you mean should have lost? No way should we have lost last week and nor this week. They were great tough wins and our smart old heads stood up plus some superb sneaky coaching!
    Plan B anyone?
    The fact the the opposition fell over just at the right time helped as well. We wouldn't be having this discussion if we had played the Magpies.

Geelong at home next Saturday night will be a very interesting game now. I still think we would need to improve considerably to win next week.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Ted started on Lynch but was unable to hold him. He tightened up when he went to him in the second half. I would have preferred Rohan than Everitt.
    I thought he started on Nic Nac

Oh my what a sweet victory! West coast fans are so abhorrent when en masse- it was a beautiful feeling at the end at subiaco!Again we didn't play well but we had the will to get back into it and win. Oh how I love our team!

For those complaining about post match analysis on One, they were taking the Fox feed and the coverage was due to end at 11. With the number of stoppages tonight the game obviously rang quite long.

What a gusty win, thought we may have cracked it open with Jude's goal, but then conceding the next 4 had me thinking we would get run over the top of. To turn it around in the last quarter was just sheer commitment and the will to never give up.

Everitt finally showed us what the club saw in him, Rohan was everywhere, Goodesy's clean hands and class shone through at the critical moment, Mummy showed that he is by far the hardest working ruckman in the game - he just NEVER gives up, was good to see Jetta using his pace to advantage - still a way to go for him but a big improvement on the past couple of weeks, the inside midfielders were massive with efforts to lock the ball in, Jesse had his best game in ages, presenting well and converting his opportunities, Ted was superb once he moved onto Lynch - he's stepped up into the B2 role as the backline general.

On the downside, our footskills were poor for most of the game, we weren't too clever for much of the game - players going up for a contest instead of one staying down letting them run away with the spilled ball, and we also lost our feet in contests alot. Thankfully our guts and workrate made up for it.

Now to just have a game where we can sit back and enjoy the last quarter without the result coming right down to the wire...

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    B1, an AFL record 19 tackles in a match ... Champion!
    He just gets better and better.

Regular in the Side
    Yet another heart-stopper. We're a gutsy team but hopefully our skills improve in coming weeks.

There were a few senior players tonight who were terrible. The backline is a bit of a rabble and needs to be more organised for next week.

Rohan was fantastic as the sub, Goodes helped get us over the line again and like others have said, Everitt really came good at the end.

Longmire is doing a good job. It's not easy to win in Perth.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood View Post
    Much as i dislike them, the Weagles did not deserve to lose.

Face it, we got through on guts. But we are at least 30% down on form compared to this time last season.

Horse's selection policy has me baffled at times too. We badly needed a Pyke or a Seaby out there. Big ups to Mummy for a super effort.
    Mummy needs help Jesse's going alright but for a big guy he is bodied out of it way to easy

Exactly the same for me....cats are wide eyed and in hiding....

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri H View Post
    Oh my gawd, my heart. Despairing howls, surprised triumphant shrieks, cats running from me to hide in sheltered corners of the house. And Everitt! Wow.

Always (almost), when I think we've just handed it all over, we claw our way back in a breathtaking (literally) finish.

That's about all I can say at the moment, I'm still on an adrenalin rush. Off to convince my cats that no, I'm not a furniture-thrashing bellowing helldemon intent on devouring them.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast