Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 3 - Swans v. West Coast Game day thread

Quote Originally Posted by Swans500 View Post
    I think this is the first time for Geelong at the SCG (Usually Homebush) in some years....could be a help...
    Hope we get a bumper crowd!!
    Swannies for life!

Quote Originally Posted by Swans500 View Post
    I think this is the first time for Geelong at the SCG (Usually Homebush) in some years....could be a help...
    Last quarter of footy played v the Cats at the SCG was Nick Davis' finest half hour.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

What a great win, having such a shocker of a night and still scraping home the win says it all about our boys.

Reading through the thread was comedy gold reading how @@@@ Everitt was playing then 2 pages later OMG EVERITT!!!!!

Pretty elated right now, gunna put off work untill tomorow morning. @@@@ yeah

Nick Smith played his best game for the club...close to bog IMO. He is a fantastic decision maker, with skill and courage....hats off.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

One player who I believe hasn't been mentioned once in this thread is Craig Bird. New role for him tonight tagging Embley and did a huge job...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Finding a way to win especially against the home crowd support (worth 5 goals) that West Coast get plus a dodgy goal umpy, is bloody awesome, it's not worth bagging anyone. There is no way all of 22 players will perform well anyway, when there are so many good players on the other side (they have real good uns).
    This will be recorded by the footy writers as a very impressive and important win by The Swans.

HP
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    One player who I believe hasn't been mentioned once in this thread is Craig Bird. New role for him tonight tagging Embley and did a huge job...
    Yep second that. Smith and Bird both had huge games.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    i thought we were exposed again in the mid field & wings due to lack of due care to their opponents. We had no second option when this happened. We really stuffed up today in only taking 1 ruck to the contest. I really believe that if Everitt had made way for Pyke who is very athletic we could have been in a very different position. We are nowhere near a top $ at this stage. Maybe these games are sorting out the slag from the precious metal but I firmly believe our best is in the youth. Teddy was only just passable tonight get LJ in. If Ryan is off form give him a holliday in the resies & put Parker in his place. We had a lot of so called good players down tonight, Reg's delivery was just appalling. Everitt was ordinary until moved into attack, great move by the way. Bring in Lewis Johnston & sumner & TDL &b get rid of some of the fakers. We really need someone like TDL to kick a lot of goals & give a whole lot more off.
    BTW we just had a great come from behind win against a good Weagles team

+ what GS said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I thought the same re Pyke but that's the only thing you've said that I agree to. Teddy was poor? We would have lost by at least four goals without him. Ryan will only be in Canberra if he's returning from long term injury. And do you forget that TDL isn't there because he wasn't even doing anything in the pre-season cup - and isn't he injured? Three games at the season that we haven't lost so we should dump the experienced players and bring in more of the kids to build towards some mystical future: 2012, 2013 . . 2016 maybe?
    I also thought Jetta had a decent game I think a lot of his close in work gets overlooked.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Everitt forward seems logical (in hindsight). He's not a great decision maker in defence..lacks confidence...looks much more assured and confident up forward.

Veteran Site Admin
    No idea how we won that game. I was sitting at Subi behind the goal the Eagles were kicking to in the final term, and it is really hard to see much of what is happening at the other end of the game from that non-vantage point. When the Eagles went two goals up midway through the final quarter I thought we were gonski -and deserved to be too. Seemed like the Eagles stopped to a trot at that point though, and their defence seemed non-existent as Rohan and Everitt took marks and had their shots. Will look forward to seeing a replay when I get home.

The fact we are winning games - just - with none of our midfielders really firing up yet (other than Jude, and ROK last week, if not this) has to be a good sign.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I think Jack's game went under the radar a little too. His one handed kicks (you know what I mean) are getting better and better

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Did not even notice that one, well done Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Everitt forward seems logical (in hindsight). He's not a great decision maker in defence..lacks confidence...looks much more assured and confident up forward.
    Similar to when Shaw was moved forward, for a game or two, last year after not working out down back.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    I also thought Jetta had a decent game I think a lot of his close in work gets overlooked.
    I thought Jetta did some great stuff. His goal might have had more than a touch of fluke about it, but the way he picked the ball up when everyone else seemed to be waiting for it to roll over the boundary line, and just took off was fantastic. And his tackling and general harassing has improved heaps over last year.