Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 3 - Swans v. West Coast Game day thread

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Swans500 View Post
    As I said last week....I am ashamed at my lack of Faith....
    Yes I am too....I left the local when the weagles got yet ANOTHER goal from a free kick to put them 2 goals up with 10 mins left....I thought, @@@@ this we aint gonna win, only to arrive home and flick on the radio to see that we've won! Bloody beautiful!

What a win. I love this club.

O'keefe was ordinary but I'm sure he will bounce back next week he is all quality.
    Jetta just doesn't have the desperation in my opinion atm he has pace but doesn't use it enough and doesn't like having a crack in a contested situation.
    Lots of room for improvement needed no doubt but well done boys on another gutsy win..............It's just the swans way and I love it

Game Day is back on in Sydney tomorrow on 7mate or whatever the third station 7 has is called.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

i think our tall defence is seriously in trouble. we are winning the contests around the ball and our small defenders are doing well and mattner has been superb for three games in a row - but grundy looks terrible and richards is barely coping.

bizarre but we are desperate for both lrt and spangher just to have some bigger bodies and tiger will be critical as a running defender so long as he doesn't do too many loopy handballs.

we also need to stop handballing the ball back into the packs but get it going outside a bit more often.

still a win is a win is a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    Geelong at home next Saturday night will be a very interesting game now. I still think we would need to improve considerably to win next week.
    This, definitely. We're gonna have to, real soon, stop depending on come-from-behind-MacGyver wins and play steadily, sterlingly well for the whole game if we aim to be top 4. Allah willing we'll hold our own against Geelong and win, but ... I fear as always it'll be at best a heart-in-the-throat, down-to-the-wire, other-hyphenated-string-of-words sort of game ...

Quote Originally Posted by gloveski View Post
    Jetta just doesn't have the desperation in my opinion atm he has pace but doesn't use it enough and doesn't like having a crack in a contested situation.
    I thought Jetta's defensive effort was outstanding tonight. He went for 2nd and third tackles.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri H View Post
    . Allah willing we'll hold our own against Geelong and win, ...
    Which player's nickname is that?

On the rise
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    What a win. I love this club.
    +1. Very proud - like so many times over the last ten years.

Look, I know it has been 3 non losses on sheer last minute guts....but remember, we have the likes of TDL, LRT, Kennelly, Malch, Moore etc all to come back at various times....I wont include Bradshaw as i feel he is about finished,,,

Plenty to look forward to....

i thought we were exposed again in the mid field & wings due to lack of due care to their opponents. We had no second option when this happened. We really stuffed up today in only taking 1 ruck to the contest. I really believe that if Everitt had made way for Pyke who is very athletic we could have been in a very different position. We are nowhere near a top $ at this stage. Maybe these games are sorting out the slag from the precious metal but I firmly believe our best is in the youth. Teddy was only just passable tonight get LJ in. If Ryan is off form give him a holliday in the resies & put Parker in his place. We had a lot of so called good players down tonight, Reg's delivery was just appalling. Everitt was ordinary until moved into attack, great move by the way. Bring in Lewis Johnston & sumner & TDL &b get rid of some of the fakers. We really need someone like TDL to kick a lot of goals & give a whole lot more off.

Veterans List
    Gotta love this team. We may have heart attacks regularly but to be so down on skills and win on sheer guts is inspiring. When the team finally clicks with the new young players it's going to be close to unbeatable. But how much will we miss Goodes when he retires?