View Poll Results: Greatest swans moment?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nick Davis #4 goal - 2005 Semi-final

21 27.63%
  • Plugger's point - 1996 Prel Final

5 6.58%
  • Plugger's 1300th goal

1 1.32%
  • Final Siren 2005 -Grand Final

11 14.47%
  • Leo Barry mark - 2005 Grand Final

29 38.16%
  • O Loughlin v Fat Bastard 2006 Qual Final

2 2.63%
  • Trent Dennis Lane tackle - 2010 Qual Final

0 0%
  • Paul Kelly goal v Kangaroos Round 4 1999

0 0%
  • Barry and Roos lift cup - 2005 Grand Final

6 7.89%
  • Amon goal final quarter - 2005 Grand Final

1 1.32%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Greatest Swans moments of all time.

Greatest Swans moments of all time.

I'm making a new video and want some swans supporters opinions before I make the final decision on what I'm going to do.

Of the swans moments above, which stand out in your memory the most? Which is your favourite?

If I have missed any extremely important ones (Or things that just stick out in your mind and think is worth a mention), feel free to list them. I'm sure I have missed a few. Those are the ones that just pop into my mind for the moment.

(I also need to take into consideration the availability of video/footage/media etc)

You may find it hard to find footage of Pluggers 1400th goal...

After the siren at Kelly and Dunks retirement game 2002?
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Blog Entries
    I went for Pluggers 1996 point.

It was one of the first really exciting moments that I can recall. Jumping up and down on the bed after watching it in the bedroom on the small portable TV.
    As great and as memorable as the others are, this was probably the catalyst for where we are now as a club.

I'd probably go for the point as well, it's the game that converted me from dads 6 year old Collingwood supporter into mums 6 years old Swans supporter, eternally grateful for that

There have been so many great moments though it's hard to choose just one, how do you beat anything in a 72 year drought breaking grand final?

I get the point of the point being the start of the journey to ultimate success, but the point of the whole thing is to win it. The final siren signifying a 4 point victory, and ultimate victory, for me is the whole reason for a footy club to exist. Final siren 2005 grand final: One of 4 greatest Swans moments of all time.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I hesitated for a long while before picking 'that mark' in front of Nick's 4th. But it would have been interesting to have another in the mix: "Here it is!"
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Davo's heroics or Lockett's point. Can't split them.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Lifting the cup.
    -

Robbie Ahmat's goal against Norf ,Bradshaws Torp and Schneiders sealing goal in 05 prelim were also great moments.

As for the moments mentioned above I went for Pluggers point. It's only a bees appendage in it but this was the moment where the Swans were accepted by this city as one of their own.

Whatever your personal choice there has been some great moments over the years hasn't there?

Love this club!!!
    Last edited by Big Al; 12th April 2011 at 12:57 PM.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Too hard, I need to be able to pick more than one.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Silly poll. All of them!

I am going to pick PK's goal against North - the pinball one which was a thing of beauty. No, Micks fatbastard scream. Or Pluggers Point instead of Leo's Mark.

No, changed my mind, Leo's mark. Hold the phone! If Monty hadn't kicked the goal in the 2005 GF there would have been no mark. So its Monty.

Hmm. That last quarter against Geelong; the whole of it was brilliant and I can live every moment of it over and over. Almost as much as the PF against Port in 2003 (WHY isn't that listed!! What is going on! Jude's goal, Stuey's bouncer from 60 out, LRT's that got the ball rolling, and He Got Up, he just got up!). Yep my favourite actual game of all.

OK, made up my mind, I think, Nick Davis it is. Nothing else would have happened in 2005 if Kirky hadn't given him the evil eye and he played the best quarter of footy in his life. We would not have not seen any of the other 4 choices for the GF otherwise.

Mind you, Robbies goal was just plain brilliant. I can still see him screaming towards me, with Stuey windmilling his arm urging him on.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Goes up to 11
    The mark - for me was the greatest moment, with the GF win being the greatest overall achievement. But that mark was, as many would agree, one of the great moments not just for the Swans but in AFL history.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast