Thread: Channel 7 to win TV rights

Channel 7 to win TV rights

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1226043830115

Ch 10 drop out and 4 games to be on Ch 7 shared with Foxtel.

So if you're in NSW without Foxtel, get ready to get shafted.

So much for attracting new viewers with the introduction of GWS.

What will Bruce say - CLEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The comment from Jackson is laughable - Jackson said. "And to have Friday night live, if that transpires South Australia and Western Australia deserve it, and it's important that it comes to rural areas too."

Not in NSW or Qld Wayne you moron, and where are the two new teams.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Well, I'll be honest for me as a current Foxtel subscriber we are the winners out of this. So personally I am happy.

However, I can understand the frustration at non subscribers. The only way around this is to allow channel 7 to broadcast the games live on one of the other digital channels.
    Swannies for life!

Living in 2005
    Broadcast deal gets final polish

Caro suggest the talk of C10 pulling out not 100% correct, but money side up in the air, so 7 have gone it alone guaranteeing they will show each game live. My understanding also from other reports is that the new federal laws will allow the networks to show games on their digital channels from 2012 in NSW and QLD and not on their main, which has been the sticking point for the past 5 years as the rules state that sports on the anti siphoning list can not be shown on the digital channels unless they were also being shown the main channel. So I believe from next year, the FTA network (likely 7) will use 7mate in Sydney and Brisbane for the games they wont allow on their main channel.

These rights are going to be a win for all (probably except for 7 and Foxtel, not sure how many rating points GWS and GC are going to give them for a number of years!)