Thread: Dan Hannebery Article

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dan Hannebery Article

There's a nice little Dan Hannebery article up here for those who haven't spotted it. It is a bit of a fluff piece, but does alks about how he over thinks things (I've definitely noticed that at times on the field), and how he can be quite negative of himself.

My son, whilst much younger than Dan, is very similar- it reached a point where he lost nearly all enjoyment from playing organized footy, as early as the Auskick level, as he would simply over think every component of the game (during and after) and become a ball of stress. The article presents me with a nice opportunity to chat to him about Dan, who he thinks is the bee's knees anyway, and show him that other people work through that sort of thing, too.

As Longmire points out in the article, it's a good problem to have (assuming you can get it under control). Here's hoping Dan has a blinder tonight.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Would love the kid to have a blinder, as long as he can be distracted from having an article written about him (lousy english, but am too distracted myself to bother to fix it - do I tape wedding, dance or footy). Good luck with your bloke Stella; sometimes you just have to point out Its a Game!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Blog Entries
    Who would've thought that Stellas son would over think things??

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He's a product of his times!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Ah me - a serious young chap, how well I remember it all. Someone tell him to take time to smell the flowers ... and then rub Carlton's nose in them.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Get out and play footy Dan. You've got your role, get it done (as Horse would say). You know what to do! Good luck!

My son is very similar to Dan actually so I found it a great read. I loved the bit about Jack's reaction to the book!
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Goes up to 11
    I think I am similar to Dan. Maybe. Or maybe not. Maybe I'm just not as good. Maybe no one likes my posts on RWO or couldn't be bothered reading them. I do post some stupid things sometimes. I make typos sometimes too. I wish I was as good as some of the other posters on here. Maybe I just don't have enough clever stuff to say. I really should think more about things before I post. Or not even post at all. Maybe I'm just not up to posting at this level.....

ps It is a good article that I can hopefully learn a few things from....

I reccommend anyone and everyone has a read of Eckhart Tolle's "The Power of Now" a real good eye opener for you and your ego.

Gotta love Kirky

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I think I am similar to Dan. Maybe. Or maybe not. Maybe I'm just not as good. Maybe no one likes my posts on RWO or couldn't be bothered reading them. I do post some stupid things sometimes. I make typos sometimes too. I wish I was as good as some of the other posters on here. Maybe I just don't have enough clever stuff to say. I really should think more about things before I post. Or not even post at all. Maybe I'm just not up to posting at this level.....
    I never over , ummmmm what's that word, oh yeah, think things.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I never over , ummmmm what's that word, oh yeah, think things.
    With all the analysis that goes on in RWO I sometimes forget what it was like playing. All the chaos of a game and with an oval ball bouncing anywhere and we think we can analyse this random collection of efforts? Don't think Act. Embrace the unknown that is coming your way and feel comfortable doing it. To do it well you better be fit, skilled and try to please the coaches who are naive enough to believe they can control this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Peace View Post
    I reccommend anyone and everyone has a read of Eckhart Tolle's "The Power of Now" a real good eye opener for you and your ego.

Gotta love Kirky
    yep i enjoyed it

I must say for some like myself the over thinking on the footy field or any team sport didnt slow down till early 30's no matter how much Yoga i did.......sometimes you have to work with what you have.........

he needs a distraction and that maybe as part of his role he needs to run the structures when in the HFF line and or when in the midfield.......he sounds like he can worry about everyone else and himself at the same time.

PS no doubt all these articles he is writing on website are a good distraction were given to him by the coaching dept etc............only prob is that he thinks more about his game when writing them
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"