Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd. 9 v Hawthorn.. (Return of the Eski!)

Changes for Rnd. 9 v Hawthorn.. (Return of the Eski!)

Maybe TDL for Nipper but wouldn't be surprised with a "No Change".

Hahah, just wrote your thougts in the Parker thread ( TDL for Nipper )

Second game blues for Nipper? Don't know if that means drop the guy...
    10100111001 ;-)

Have to fit TDL in somewhere so I guess Nipper is the obvious choice.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

If TDL's fit to come back, they've gotta find space for him. If he can play like he did, we need him.

I agree we need that extra small fast lead out of the forward line to offset Everitt and Reid and the few minutes Goodes gets up there now .......................Gordon can do that too but not nearly as well as TDL.................just means McGlynn may need to slide back into the midfield rotation a little more if TDL makes the squad.

Aj will stay in the 22 for sure...............so will LRT.............poor old Mattner who has been brilliant this season is in danger due to our push for developing our youth............I think with LRT back and AJ killing it Marty is in trouble with the return soon of Mal also and then Jack as well !

I liked Everiit and Goodes rotating the FF type lead as well..........it is very difficult to match up on as they are quick and a good lead and kick !

ROK, Everitt, McGlynn
    Hannes, Reid, Bolton

Bird, Goodes, Shaw
    Kennedy, Mummy, Macca

Mattner, Grundy, Kenelly
    Smith, Ted, AJ

Bench: LRT, Jetta, Parker, TDL

Stoked that two weeks in a row ROK is executing his hard work..........his work in clearances and clean clearances has been exciting !!
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

I hope TDL comes back but will he? They seem determined for him to do something different. Has he done this yet?

You can scratch Stephen Gilham for the Hawks off the playing list. Has just done what appears a serious knee injury against the Saints. 5 minutes into first qtr
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    You can scratch Stephen Gilham for the Hawks off the playing list. Has just done what appears a serious knee injury against the Saints. 5 minutes into first qtr
    I hate seeing injuries like that. It's just such a cruel blow for any player.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

I can't see Marty being in any danger, we need the mature defender, he's a big mature body and even when Mal comes back in, he's a running flanker, not a great defensive player, who can cover a lot of ground and deliver the ball well into the forward 50. If anyone misses out it will be AJ, which would be a little unfair I suppose, but on team balance, yd want Ted, Reg and marty as yr defesive backs, Shaw, Irish and Mal as yr rebounds, with LRT on the bench for rotation and pinch hitting in the ruck. I see no room for TDL, Benny, tho he had a bit of a quiet one against port, fills that role and adds defensive pressure inside 50. Mal is not restricted to the back half either he can rotate thru the wing and forward, giving Hanners or Jetta a break if they have a high workload, and Jetta may not be the best tackleer and be slightly built, but we need the speed, he appears to be improving to me, gettting a bit more of the ball. I don't think he was selected as a hard in and under player. It's a good selection headache to have and will depend a fair bit on team balance and best possible match ups I would imagine, when u play Hawks, who plays on Buddy?
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I hate seeing injuries like that. It's just such a cruel blow for any player.
    Very true, never want to see players with serious injuries. Hawthorn have just lost their ruckman, too.
    From
    Double blow for Hawks - AFL.com.au

"The loss [of Gilham] was compounded in the second term when the Hawks' only ruckman, David Hale, was taken from the field on a stretcher after suffering a knee injury in a marking contest, leaving Hawthorn with only two on the bench."

Gerard thinks that Hale's injury is a miniscus and out for 2 to 4 weeks. So he's scratched off the list for next week as well.

However it didn't stop the Hawks kicking 5 goals to 0 and hitting the lead at half time. St Kilda has gone from victory to facing defeat in one qtr.

I think Gerard described it as a car accident or train wreck happening before our eyes.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast