Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NEAFL x 2 initiations?

And it has a lot to do with Neafl Initiations???

Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    Cos, the article you quoted is a few months old. We've had a couple of games there already - I did an article on one of them, complete with pics; which in the background will give you a bit of a look at the construction of the new grandstand.

Quote Originally Posted by chatovadafloor View Post
    And it has a lot to do with Neafl Initiations???
    Pekay seemed to be oblivious to the fact that Waverley is going to be used for football .
    On reflection , it actually has something to do with NEAFL .
    If you don't have promotion/relegation there will be a tendancy for superclubs to develop .
    Waverley is a fantastic location and with the new facilities it is a fantastic opportunity to showcase football and draw local support .
    A great location for a superclub .
    give it to the game

Which superclub is this?

Quote Originally Posted by cos789 View Post
    Pekay seemed to be oblivious to the fact that Waverley is going to be used for football .
    If you don't have promotion/relegation there will be a tendancy for superclubs to develop .
    Waverley is a fantastic location and with the new facilities it is a fantastic opportunity to showcase football and draw local support .

Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    Cos, the article you quoted is a few months old. We've had a couple of games there already - I did an article on one of them, complete with pics; which in the background will give you a bit of a look at the construction of the new grandstand.
    Thanks for that .Missed it with my google searches .I used to walk past that oval many times and think wouldn't that be fantastic for football if "we" played there .Don't know much about the SFL at all these days .i was surprised to see that UTS is playing there .Spiritually i would have thought it would be the home of ES ,but obviously they have a new alignment and UTS play out of Trumper ,their old home .The history is quite ironic .The vote for formation of the NSWFL was taken at Paddington town hall and foundation member ES played out of Trumper .Rugby rallied around Waverley oval at the time but obviously moved onto more developed premises .
    Relevance to the NEAFL ? Good ,prominent facilities would be part of the equation IMO along with the usual suspects .
    give it to the game

You'll have to tell me where it states I'm oblivious to Waverley being used.

If they can get footy on Waverley, they can get it anywhere

Wouldn't that suggest that I know Waverley is being utilised? Considering we were scheduled to play there at 10am and got word it was shut @ 0715 Saturday morning.......

Which superclub is this?
    The ones that will tend to develop because they are permanently camped in a higher profile competition and will tend to draw the better players into their camp from teams in a lower competition or outside .
    Logically it will happen . Only the speed at which it will happen is in real debate .
    give it to the game

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    You'll have to tell me where it states I'm oblivious to Waverley being used.

If they can get footy on Waverley, they can get it anywhere

Wouldn't that suggest that I know Waverley is being utilised?
    Sorry about that .
    I now see it can be read two ways .
    give it to the game

Which superclub is this?
    Maybe he means merge UNSW/Easts with UTS Bats ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Maybe he means merge UNSW/Easts with UTS Bats ?
    Maybe I mean the two clubs that have been admitted to the NEAFL will benefit from that .
    give it to the game

Maybe I mean the two clubs that have been admitted to the NEAFL will benefit from that .
    It would be logical for a team named East Coast to play games at Waverley I suppose.

Was only talking about this with a few of the boys from footy last week. Coupled with the Foxtel Cup, it will be great to get some top level footy almost on our doorstep, either at Blacktown or Purser. If the timing is right, we'll be heading down to watch some NEAFL, and you'd love to see a good turnout of people from other clubs in Sydney too, although unlikely. Perhaps a full day of footy at Blacktown with its two grounds from 10am with the main game on the big stage under lights, would be a way of bringing the Sydney footy community together to support (Bear with me now people) ECE , Sydney Uni, Balmain down the track perhaps. They are representing our competition after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Was only talking about this with a few of the boys from footy last week. Coupled with the Foxtel Cup, it will be great to get some top level footy almost on our doorstep, either at Blacktown or Purser. If the timing is right, we'll be heading down to watch some NEAFL, and you'd love to see a good turnout of people from other clubs in Sydney too, although unlikely. Perhaps a full day of footy at Blacktown with its two grounds from 10am with the main game on the big stage under lights, would be a way of bringing the Sydney footy community together to support (Bear with me now people) ECE , Sydney Uni, Balmain down the track perhaps. They are representing our competition after all.
    Great post Pekay....I definitely like the sound of Balmain down there in the future.... but you are right we should all get behind ECE and Syd Uni in the NEAFL and show our support!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast