View Poll Results: Who should lead the Swans?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Goodes + McVeigh

5 7.94%
  • Just Goodes

12 19.05%
  • Just McVeigh

1 1.59%
  • Keiran Jack

16 25.40%
  • Jude Bolton

21 33.33%
  • Ryan O'Keefe

0 0%
  • Rhyce Shaw

2 3.17%
  • Other

6 9.52%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The captaincy

Warming the Bench
    Unfortunately i don't think there is a stand out captain on the team. Granted i don't know what happens in the inner sanctum. Hopefully with the new boys such as Hanners, Parker and more than likely Jack we have a maturing leader.

On the Rookie List
    Just goodsey IMO. I think the captaincy may be a factor in mcveigh having not one of his best years to date, but that is purely a guess of course. He may feel more pressured each game to perform better than the others. It could be a factor, but who knows.

Warming the Bench
    ehhhh

These polls are so pointless. Please just have faith in the club. None of us know better than any of the coaches or the players as to who should be captain.

Quote Originally Posted by Panttz View Post
    ehhhh

These polls are so pointless. Please just have faith in the club. None of us know better than any of the coaches or the players as to who should be captain.
    Dont be a funsponge. Obviously the coaches and staff know more, we're just having fun.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    I think Jude Bolton should lead the Swans until he retires and then hand the captaincy down to Jack.
    This multiple captain thing is really annoying me, I dont really see the point, takes away from the uniqueness and respect of a captain IMO.
    This x 1,000

The shared captaincy is a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Panttz View Post
    ehhhh

It's no different to any other thread on this site; it's just an outlet for our opinions. So yes, there is a point.

Obviously there's a lot more to consider in choosing an AFL captain than what happens on the field, but i definitelythink that should be probably the biggest factor in who the captain is. I dont mean it should be the best player, but the player who always has a crack, can lift his side, is inspirational.

Toughness, unrelenting effort, and hardness at the contest are three things i associate with some of the best captains i've seen ( Kirky, PK, , M. Voss.) . I dont think our two, as much as i like them as players, really epitomise those characteristics as well as i would hope the captain(s) of our club, with its Bloods culture, should.

Jude, IMO, should have been made sole captain last year, until he chose to retire, then passed it onto one of the younger brigade ( Jack, Smith, Mummy, Kennedy)

I say look to the future and the future revolves around Jack, give Goodes and Bolton the freedom to play, although both, and maybe more so Bolton deserves the captaincy
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Leadership group of Bolts (capt) supported by Jack (heir apparent), Josh Kennedy & Hanners (future leader)

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Leadership group of Bolts (capt) supported by Jack (heir apparent), Josh Kennedy & Hanners (future leader)
    The logical choice I reckon
    up the guts

For the long term - Jack. I think Goodes would be better without having to carry the captaincy responsibilities....

At least McVeigh sounds like a leader in today's press:

Sydney Swans v Fremantle Dockers | AFL | Photos

Still, I don't think he's really up to it. If Jude's past it, they may as well try Jack and let Goodes go back to focusing on the mid-field - and practice his goal-kicking.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast