Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Horse just called me ....

Happy and I know it
    Oops. That would be Saturday. I knew that.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    Oops. That would be Saturday. I knew that.
    I was about to say "well clearly the call has done its job!".
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Just wild about Harry
    Maybe the lack of call received has something to do with that AVO he took out on me?

Quote Originally Posted by Teasdale77 View Post
    Got the call yesterday. Laughed out loud when he said they're going to play hard for 4 quarters.
    Did he say it will be 4 quarters in the one game?
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    I thought he was phoning me to apologise for losing last week's game. Don't worry John. I'll still be there on Sunday.
    I thought you were planning to make a big one of the After Match function.

Might need have to so as to drown out the result from the flogging Biffo Barry gives us on the scoreboard.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

If he calls anybody else perhaps we should tell him to make sure our captains wear the correct boots this week!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    Might need have to so as to drown out the result from the flogging Biffo Barry gives us on the scoreboard.
    My ideal would be Baz goalless in a losing team then a round of applause from all of us as he leaves the ground. ie the opposite of Kirky's send off at the SCG.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    The sad thing about this thread is that I thought Horse called Annie every week. Surely he can't just be relying on getting all that advice during the game?
    Funny GS.
    At the game, I have my own headset that's plugged into the coaches box.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    Maybe the lack of call received has something to do with that AVO he took out on me?
    You probably should have just accepted the rumours of how he got his nickname and not gone to such extreme measures to find out for yourself.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet_Observer View Post
    I found it a mildly confusing. He started blabbing "John Longmire here" - took me a few seconds to figure out it was the coach. Didn't help I was sitting in a meeting.

At least it wasn't outsourced to an Indian call centre.... "we would like you to be coming to a most excellent footballing match... also can I sell you a wonderful OPTUS call plan"
    That's gold - love your work!

My Longmire call was a dud - he lost me at the third hello, all I got was a stony silence (but I'm not with Optus so ...) .

With nothing coming through, I thought it must have been a call from the AFL umpires department to admit their blunders last week ... then I heard some crickets in the background ...

Was only when a friend later said she'd had a call and the strange 8000 whatever number matched I realised I'd missed out on auto Horsemail. Poor me!

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    So of course I had to go and have a look at the phone which was on silent cos I was watching Harry Potter do his thing instead of being slammed by the jackhammer in the unit next to mine, and I missed THREE calls all of the same number. 028005.... nah couldn't have been Horse, different to Wardy's. Wonder who it was!!!
    Mine was 8001 something or other - matched a friends call from him - and 8000's numbers are pretty strange to see.

Anyhoo, the phones have been getting a workout, my friend then got a call from a REAL LIVE person - Brett from the Swans, wanting to know if friend would be going to the game on Saturday (answer: maybe, but feeling bit heartsick at 'indifferent' form at home this year, and not sure if there will be anywhere to park the ark if the rain keeps up.) Nice young Brett (well, she reckons he sounded 'nice young') then said the swans really really wanted her out there for such an important game.

Remains to be seen if it will work - the appeal/risk of a ground hog day wet weather slog which could (hopefully doesn't) end in tears is not especially appealing! We sound like fair weather fans, but sheesh, some would be nice hey!

Regular in the Side
    I hope the Swans aren't wasting money on focus groups and polls when then could use the dosh to scout for a JPod

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast