Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Sydney Swans vs Essendon Bombers - Gameday Thread

Senior Player
    Total side note, but geez Essendon fans are a pack of classless sooks.

agree, they still sook even when they win. Must go through the soothers though, they spend 120 minutes going booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boooooooooooooooooooo either at any decision an umpire dare to pay against them or their own players (stanton), they also never lose, they get a raw deal or injuries etc they live in la la land.
    Theres not much left to say

Quote Originally Posted by swansrule100 View Post
    agree, they still sook even when they win. Must go through the soothers though, they spend 120 minutes going booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boooooooooooooooooooo either at any decision an umpire dare to pay against them or their own players (stanton), they also never lose, they get a raw deal or injuries etc they live in la la land.
    Totally agree - many of them on the way out last night were whinging about the umpiring rather than celebrating winning a game that frankly they probably didn't deserve to win. They feel they have an ultimate entitlement to being a quality team year in and year out and should win every game. But the arrogance comes from the top - just look at the 'Lloyd' and 'Fletcher' end junk and then the 'Red energy meter" at their home games.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Totally agree - many of them on the way out last night were whinging about the umpiring rather than celebrating winning a game that frankly they probably didn't deserve to win. They feel they have an ultimate entitlement to being a quality team year in and year out and should win every game. But the arrogance comes from the top - just look at the 'Lloyd' and 'Fletcher' end junk and then the 'Red energy meter" at their home games.
    yeah bunch of nobs, i work with one who is a complete tool, still whinges every week about round 2 and being robbed, texted me last night saying justice......
    Theres not much left to say

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I wonder if Kirk is/was the difference
    Melbourne, Richmond, Western Bulldogs....
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    About as much as the DPP pays you to make sure he's put away for good.

Quote Originally Posted by R-1 View Post
    Total side note, but geez Essendon fans are a pack of classless sooks.
    I'm so glad someone else said this first. I hate Essendon fans. They are simply the most arrogant group. And I for one have wanted all season for them to fall over because I reckon hird and bomber Thompson were the most duplicitous pair last year. It hurt more than I can say to have lost to them for that reason alone. But the crowd - what a "born to rule" mob they are

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    For what it's worth, you're easily one of my favourite posters on here at the moment. I think there are few things better than reasoned discussions with people who have differing points of view to yours*, it's the best way to learn and makes life worth living.

One of my fondest friends is a work colleague who lives in the States and is a devout Republican, I'm his whacky liberal minded friend. The length of our emails of late on the debt crisis, I tell you!

* Davo non-adorers excluded, those ******* **** **** **** *** *******!!!!!!!!!!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    For what it's worth, you're easily one of my favourite posters on here at the moment.
    * Davo non-adorers excluded, those ******* **** **** **** *** *******!!!!!!!!!!
    Shhh Stell..... people might talk. I'm a massive Davo fan too...........

Regular in the Side
    My partner and I had Bomber fans on either side of us. I have to say that they were the politest, most objective, well mannered people I have ever been near at the football. They made numerous concessions to me about how our decision making and kicking kept them in the game, how the umpires were keeping them in the game (sincerley), etc, etc.

I found it difficult to fire up with decent folk like that around - glad their attitude didn't permeate the cheers squad.

GAME PLAN

I really enjoyed the positioning of key players against the Bombers............I liked ROK doing a job upfront with Parker much more so then when ROK is in the middle of the field.............his kicks down field without looking I think has made it very hard for our team to open up play and create more open inside 50m opportunities........I have preferred Goodes being a dominant figure again in the midfield.........It has been quite amazing to see Jude only getting 13 disposals which has been by design ie Goodes, Jack, Hannes and Kennedy really dominating Disposals and we look sharper off the rucks.......we have been more determined to play it out through hand passes which made it such exciting game last night.......Jude and Birdy have played very unselfish roles which have complimented nicely

I realise that our game plan was more limited around the contests when we had Mummy and Jack out and when we played better quality teams where we needed to kick out of the ruck so we can move down field to control field position and tempo.......but it has been a welcome relief.......I also think it has shifted the responsibility back on to our emerging players to dominate week to week which they can anyway.......

I have also like the LRT experiment as he has made some great contests which have allowed our small guys roam and be dangerous up in the 50m arc..........and he has been good in the ruck
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    Don't forget that we lost to Adelaide aswell people. If I was an opposition supporter I would be laughing at the year Sydney are having.
    Really? I reckon there's about ten other teams that wish they were having the year Sydney are having.......