Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Luke Parker

he's a bird dog !!
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    The Bird, the Bird, the Bird is the word!
    Nice.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Love his comments about his 8 best and fairest awards. Can't wait to hear his Brownlow acceptance speech in 201x...

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkari View Post
    Love his comments about his 8 best and fairest awards. .
    I reckon he'll regret those comments. Boys are going to have fun this week.

Senior Player
    Bumping this thread with new article: Swan Luke under the radar.

Not sure that's entirely accurate anymore, I'd say he's come to the attention of quite a few people (including the article writer!)

He's going to need a week off somewhere along the line later in the year. If the general consensus is that Ablett, Sellwood, Judd et al benefit from having a week off here or there, it must be real tough going for a 19yo who plays the way he does week in, week out.

In retrospect, the sub rule may work in his favour. No doubt he is in our best 18, but a week as the sub is almost as good as a week off to freshen up with the added advantage if we need his grunt earlier, bring him on...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    He's going to need a week off somewhere along the line later in the year. If the general consensus is that Ablett, Sellwood, Judd et al benefit from having a week off here or there, it must be real tough going for a 19yo who plays the way he does week in, week out.

In retrospect, the sub rule may work in his favour. No doubt he is in our best 18, but a week as the sub is almost as good as a week off to freshen up with the added advantage if we need his grunt earlier, bring him on...
    I wouldn't bet on it. He's a hard nut and I believe the Swans will play him every game he's fit for.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

He hasn't stopped amazing us so far with his abilities and if he can week in week out maintain the same high level intensity and ferocious attack on the contest for a full season as a 19yo with 2 pre-seasons under his belt, he'll amaze me again...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

I am particularly impressed with his quick thinking. His ball use is pretty good too. I love the lightning handball out of pack situations. Last year quite a few of them got spilled by our blokes on the receiving end but now they are just waiting for them. One stands out in my mind and it was Jetts who was waiting and took off for the long run and goal.

His ability to negotiate heavy traffic is unbelievable. He is one cool customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    His ability to negotiate heavy traffic is unbelievable. He is one cool customer.
    Yeah, extraordinary. On TV it looks like players just part to let him through.

In another profile recently his high school footy coach said he thought Parker's toughness wasn't the most outstanding thing about him.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    he's a bird dog !!
    Nice quadruple chorus guys!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast